Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Why do you DL

Old 12-09-2003, 08:28 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw, my skool just gave out a new Microsoft Bundle for student, completely free, 15 discs I think include Office XP, WIn XP, Win 2K, Visual Studio .NET, and others stuff :yay:
Old 12-09-2003, 08:33 PM
dubcac
I

I DL music, because I'm a poor college student. If I bought all the CD's I wanted, I would spend all my tuition money.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:41 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

I d/l music because I want to hear it, before I buy it now, I remember they had alot of CD's in stores that you could listen to, but lately I haven't seen those little stations where you scan the CD case and listen to the CD.

There is far to much crap music out there for sale it saddens me, I also d/l music because I like to get certain DJ mixes and make my own "Techno" CD.

I only downloaded two programs well one program and a studio, Photoshop, and Macromedia MX. I will end up buying the Adobe Studio and Macromedia Studio very shorty since I can get both Studios for a grand total of $250 from student discounts.

As far as movies, I don't really download them, I don't mind wasting that $8-9 bucks for some reason, I like watching movies, even though I have hated spending some money, I like watching how movies are sliced together by the editors, and figuring out what the plot line was taken from :-/
Old 12-09-2003, 08:47 PM
sman789
Don't touch me I'm tender

cheap bastard here. I could buy the things i really like but why spend $$$
Old 12-09-2003, 09:22 PM
asiandoood
sancho on the sizzide!

...to get that damn song outta my head!!!

but i do it to sample what is on that cd first..... i usually go buy it afterwards.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:24 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dubster99
I DL music, because I'm a poor college student. If I bought all the CD's I wanted, I would spend all my tuition money.
:werd:
Old 12-09-2003, 09:41 PM
aphex
driftin'

Hehe.. if only you guys knew what was inside my 360 GB perfectly organized collection...
Old 12-09-2003, 09:52 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

I download music because I like such a variety, and there are so many groups that have several cd's, but only 2 or 3 songs worth paying for on each one, so out of 5 or so cd's you actually get one worth listening to.

I don't often download movies except to watch them, then I usually delete them. If I liked it well enough to keep it, I buy it - most movies I d/l I've seen several times before, and can usually find at Wal-Mart for < $10. Again, sort of a "try before you buy" scenerio.

Software is an interesting deal. For Linux, I d/l everything, by virtue of the fact that it's free, legal, and pretty much the only non-specialty place that you can find massive amounts of software for Linux. For Windows, I have purchased most software that I use frequently (most of my games that I play, WinXP Pro (bought when I was a student... h: ), etc.), but for programs that I use on occasionally, such as Office XP, Photoshop, and other programs of that nature that cost more than I make in a paycheck, I don't necessarily pay for, or I have someone on the inside pick me up a copy for dirt cheap... (it pays to live near Microsoft... )

Basically, it comes down to what I can afford. If I use it a lot and can afford to buy it, I do. If I can't afford to buy it, I will accquire it some way, some how, and if I keep using it, I go buy it. Kind of like the old Shareware days...
Old 12-09-2003, 10:21 PM
aphex
driftin'

mp3s

divx

games

i still purchase any game/movie/album i acutllay utilize / like enough.