Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Ipod's dirty little secret...

Old 12-06-2003, 07:33 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ipod's dirty little secret...

Anyone own an Ipod? I hope you knew about this. Ipod's dirty little secret. You'll need quicktime to watch the vid if you don't already have it.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

It's half mexican isn't it?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Black2KGSR

"unreplaceable" isn't even a word. :doh:

is that true?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Nope

It's a rechargeable battery that, over time, will start to go bad... I've had mine for 2 years now, and now it only gets about 8.5 hours of straight playtime instead of it's old 9.5~10...

And it's a $99 fee to have Apple fix it and slap a new warranty on the battery, and it costs like $50 to get one yourself if you have the ability to put one in...

This guy is a total overreactive cock who was, IMO, trying to make a stink against Apple so they'd try to buy his silence... funny part is that this all went down a couple days AFTER Apple announced the replacement plan...

Stupid fawk...
Old 12-06-2003, 07:43 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

haha. that sux
Old 12-06-2003, 07:44 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally posted by Epoch
Nope

It's a rechargeable battery that, over time, will start to go bad... I've had mine for 2 years now, and now it only gets about 8.5 hours of straight playtime instead of it's old 9.5~10...

And it's a $99 fee to have Apple fix it and slap a new warranty on the battery, and it costs like $50 to get one yourself if you have the ability to put one in...

This guy is a total overreactive cock who was, IMO, trying to make a stink against Apple so they'd try to buy his silence... funny part is that this all went down a couple days AFTER Apple announced the replacement plan...

Stupid fawk...
The video and his experience were when they first came out. They have now since changed it to a $99 replacement cost. Or you can purchase a $50 warranty when you buy the Ipod. IMO, I would have done the same thing he did.
Old 12-06-2003, 07:46 PM
AKUFC
PANIC NOW!!!

Originally posted by yellowbastrd
The video and his experience were when they first came out. They have now since changed it to a $99 replacement cost. Or you can purchase a $50 warranty when you buy the Ipod. IMO, I would have done the same thing he did.
If that video is from when the ipod first came out, why is he spray painting on the new IPOD adds?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Rezza
Tell your mom I said hi!

iPOD = waste of $$$
Old 12-06-2003, 07:50 PM
yellowbastard
Bootyologist (__i__)

Originally posted by AKUFC
If that video is from when the ipod first came out, why is he spray painting on the new IPOD adds?
Maybe it was recent then. BUT..my point on that reply was that they have since changed the way they were replacing and warrantying the batteries. It is no longer $200-$300 to replace but just $99. And I'm sure that the replacement battery is refurbished. And what kind of product is that unreliable for you to have to purchase the $50 warranty at time of purchase?
Old 12-06-2003, 07:52 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally posted by yellowbastrd
Maybe it was recent then. BUT..my point on that reply was that they have since changed the way they were replacing and warrantying the batteries. It is no longer $200-$300 to replace but just $99. And I'm sure that the replacement battery is refurbished. And what kind of product is that unreliable for you to have to purchase the $50 warranty at time of purchase?
:slap: it was NEVER that much.... He must have talked to a new tech person that had no idea what he was talking about...

Take it from and actual Ex Apple repairman