Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

GameCube Outselling PS2 and Xbox in America

Old 12-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Black2000GSR
you already named more than what good games the PS2 has.

Plus:
Metroid Prime
Viewtiful Joe (best game of the year, any console)
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Resident Evils
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf
Port of Metal Gear Solid coming soon
d

Metroid Prime was boring IMO
Viewtiful Joe..great another side scroller...if I wanted that I would get an NES
Mario Sunshine...a lot of fun until you beat it the first two times
Pikmin....probably the funnest game on your list
Resident Evil....can you say zero replay value?
Luigis Mansion...fun but once you beat it then what?
Mario Golf...I have seen better and more fun golf games on any number of systems
MGS....yay

Look at that list honestly and you will see that 5 of the 8 games listed are kids games or marketed to children.

BTW as for the comment about the most advanced graphics....not really since everything is pre rendered in the software already and free roam on the graphics intensive games is not possible (RE0 for example).

My GC has been collecting dust for about 5 months now and I don't miss it one bit. I am not some fanboy of systems...either I like em or I don't. I bought the GC on the word that they were finally getting designers support for games....instead they got Sega on exclusive...yay...Sega...known for crap games and failing systems due to marketing errors joining up with Nintendo who has a great reputation for getting bored with console game production half way into it.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:43 AM
w1ngzer0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there will be nothing that compairs to the sega genesis,super nintendo, and nes.

Only thing i see with these new systems are some racing games other then that there garbage.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:12 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

i only like the gamecube for its mario titles

mario golf
double dash
mario party 4
mario party 5....
Old 12-03-2003, 07:45 AM
Black2KGSR

Originally posted by Nightshade
d

Metroid Prime was boring IMO
Viewtiful Joe..great another side scroller...if I wanted that I would get an NES
Mario Sunshine...a lot of fun until you beat it the first two times
Pikmin....probably the funnest game on your list
Resident Evil....can you say zero replay value?
Luigis Mansion...fun but once you beat it then what?
Mario Golf...I have seen better and more fun golf games on any number of systems
MGS....yay

Look at that list honestly and you will see that 5 of the 8 games listed are kids games or marketed to children.

So, you didn't like Viewtiful Joe because it's a side scroller?
As for the ones that you're sighting no replay value, at least they're interesting enough to hold you till you finish it, unlike most of the PS2 games that get boring after 20 minutes.
And it doesn't matter what market the game is targeted for, the fact of the matter is that the games are fun, regardless of whether they have gory violence, sex, and profanity or not.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:55 AM
White[Pony]
For relaxing times...

Originally posted by Black2000GSR

I doubt the PSP will be much competion for the GBA or the next gen handheld by Nintendo.
Erm.... have you even heard half the specs on the PSP? seriously. If I had to choose one right now to get I'd choose the PSP. amazing number of features and it plays video games. it's sick. It will be a serious contender, and I believe it will knock GBA out. Don't know about Nintendo's next handheld, though.

Originally posted by /^Blackmagik^\
exactly... especially with the zelda disc.. that's too to pass up
I got dat ish fo' freeeeeeeee But it's collecting dust since I've been so stacked with lab reports to do, and playing NFSU. Btw, got a sorta funny pic in a screen cap from that game. Headers on a rotary?
Old 12-03-2003, 08:52 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got a GC and i like. it's nice to play simple games again. i've been playing mario kart double dash. you just press the button and go, no need to worry about real physics and stuff. so if i want simple cartoony games, i go with the GC. if i want a serious reality game, i go with my xbox.

and i've owned a ps2, but sold it. kinda wish i hadn't now.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:00 AM
sman789
Don't touch me I'm tender

its the numbers selling right

not how many sold
Old 12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
joebenz
nelson rules

Originally posted by KRA
i just bought mine :thumbup:... america grew up on nintendo
:werd: i bought mine right when the price dropped to $99
Old 12-03-2003, 12:13 PM
mayonaise

Originally posted by Nightshade
BTW as for the comment about the most advanced graphics....not really since everything is pre rendered in the software already and free roam on the graphics intensive games is not possible (RE0 for example).
uh, no, game engine graphics are not pre-rendered. game engine (meaning in-play) graphics are rendered realtime. an example of a game with pre-rendered graphics would be doom 1, or super mario brothers 1, 2, and 3.

gamecube's CPU and graphics processor are both faster and newer than PS2's. it can handle more polygons, supports more rendering features.. what more do you need?

this is a pretty good article , but doesn't directly compare the hardware of the two systems. i'm actually having a tough time finding a direct comparison from a credible source that was made after the gamecube was released..