Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Air travel, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

Old 12-01-2003, 01:03 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air travel, how do I hate thee? Let me count the ways.

1. The seats are too narrow for me. I'm not fat, I'm just big boned. If I lost weight my shoulders would be the same size, which is about three sizes too big for these damn seats.

2. The fat bitch that I had to sit next to this morning. She kept falling asleep and creeping into my space. :barf:

3. Two carry-on bags and a jacket somehow become 5 trays worth of stuff to put through the X-ray.

4. Airplane "food" has been reduced to peanuts/pretzels and a drink. Hell, I'd kill for being able to get one of them mini sandwiches they used to hand out.

5. There is no such thing as a direct flight from Madison, WI to Washington, DC.

6. I have to get a 7:15 AM cab to wait in traffic and make it to National airport by 8:00 AM for a 9:35 departure where I then wait in line for my ticket to be printed then wait in line to go through security then sit until they start boarding 30 mins before departure then wait til they call my row number then wait in line to hand them the boarding pass then wait in line to get on the plane behind three screaming babies then....

7. When you need to talk to a gate agent there are 10 people waiting in line in front of you and all they have to ask is what gate their connecting flight is at, and there's one of them damn computer screens with all of the gate listings RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL.

8. Airlines for some reason decide to switch the gates of a bunch of flights and then make every single one of them late because there were too many people bunched up to do stuff at the counter even though the plane was ready to go on time.

9. Did I mention that the damned seats don't fit anyone over 150 lbs?

10. My first flight arrived half an hour late so I couldn't get food but then my "on time" second flight kept being less on time but they wouldn't tell us how much less so I still couldn't go get food since the food place was a train ride away from the gate.

Blah blah blah I don't feel like typing any more. Fuck you, air transit system!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:05 PM
RB
snitches get stitches

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you on winter break already? :thinking: or just back from thanksgiving?
Old 12-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Dweezel
d@weezel music

At least you didn't miss a flight this time.
Old 12-01-2003, 01:07 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

I flew back to school today like all the other spoiled kids from out East since I didn't feel like braving the maelstrom that is any airport on the sunday after turkey day.