Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

why does Pontiac say the Grand Prix is the most powerful car in its class?

Old 11-30-2003, 08:10 AM
George Knighton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by honda_pilot
:eh: => :rofl: => :doh: => :ugh: => :chuckles: => :nono:
Don't be shy, bud. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:12 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever seen slightly tuned GTP's run at the track? They're fairly quick (low 14s, high 13s)
Old 11-30-2003, 08:15 AM
antennas up
Banned

Originally posted by redgoober4life
Ever seen slightly tuned GTP's run at the track? They're fairly quick (low 14s, high 13s)
stock maximas will run low 14's
Old 11-30-2003, 08:24 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Originally posted by antennas up
stock maximas will run low 14's
I think I'd rather have a GTP than a Maxima SE. But, that's just me.
Old 11-30-2003, 08:47 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I think I'd rather have a GTP than a Maxima SE. But, that's just me.
disgree. And drive a brand new or 2002 Maxima SE in 6-speed and you may have a differing opinion.

Unless you have already driven an SE maxima than i retract my previous statement. But have you driven the new Grand Prix???
Old 11-30-2003, 09:52 AM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

disgree. And drive a brand new or 2002 Maxima SE in 6-speed and you may have a differing opinion.

Unless you have already driven an SE maxima than i retract my previous statement. But have you driven the new Grand Prix???
I don't care for the new Grand Prix, but the 97'+ are fairly nice. I haven't driven a manual Maxima, but I have driven autos. I don't know, quality for quality they felt about the same.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:04 AM
Jack the Ripper
Banned

Originally posted by IamNemo
They used to make good cars but I hate them now.

They did???? WHEN???
Old 11-30-2003, 10:46 AM
antennas up
Banned

a VQ35DE maxima with a 6 speed is a pleasure to drive. i miss living at home because my folks had a 2002. if pontiac made the grand prx with a manual, it might be different, i dont know. boost is fun though, but ive driven both and the maxima is a much better driving experience imo
Old 11-30-2003, 01:05 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I don't care for the new Grand Prix, but the 97'+ are fairly nice. I haven't driven a manual Maxima, but I have driven autos. I don't know, quality for quality they felt about the same.
Agreed. The previous gen Grand Prix was better looking. But quality is def. not a question between the two. Fit and finish on the Maxima is better two-fold. Exterior design even looks as though more time and effort was placed in to it.

Originally posted by antennas up
a VQ35DE maxima with a 6 speed is a pleasure to drive. i miss living at home because my folks had a 2002. if pontiac made the grand prx with a manual, it might be different, i dont know. boost is fun though, but ive driven both and the maxima is a much better driving experience imo
The VQ35 is a fine engine.
Old 11-30-2003, 01:17 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Agreed. The previous gen Grand Prix was better looking. But quality is def. not a question between the two. Fit and finish on the Maxima is better two-fold. Exterior design even looks as though more time and effort was placed in to it.

The VQ35 is a fine engine.
It is? The plastics in newer nissans is about a 8 on a 1-10 scale. New GP's? Er, 6. The seats in the Nissans after about 50k miles always look worn out and ragged. The stitching is horrible. Maxima: 4, Pontiac 5. The carpet in both has fairly low nap and wears out quicker than BMWs and VWs I've seen, so...5. I guess you win, this is just what I've noticed from detailing. I'm not even going to get into Nissan or GM leather, it's just--no. Now, both GM and Nissan need to work on their paint. A ton of problems with chipping for Nissans and orange peal on GMs. Not acceptable at all for newer cars. Oh well.

I must say it seems like the new Maxima took a dive. What is it? The old maximas used to be fun, the new one is boring. It's kind of like a 300M, it's an ok car but...why? There are so many better cars in the market for that amount of money I can't justify buying a Maxima.