Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Good alloy repair shops in SoCal... powdercoating?

Old 11-13-2003, 06:24 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good alloy repair shops in SoCal... powdercoating?

Well, I've explored the option of buying new wheels... I like the look of my GS-R fat five wheels over just about every other reasonably priced wheel out there (Me likey some Volks and OZs, and that one MOMO, but damn I don't have that kind of money...). Then I entertained the thought of repainting my wheels myself, which wouldn't be a problem except that the color I want is a dark bronze (Like the Subaru Gold, but darker with a tad of red in it), and guess what? Not one company makes a wheel paint in that color...

So, I'm pretty much willing to plunk down the money if I can find a good shop within 150 miles from my house (93111 zip) that would be willing to powdercoat my wheels for a reasonable price... This includes most of the greater LA area, so anyone have any good recommendations?

But I'm not looking forward to plunking down $100+ per wheel when I could paint all four for a little over $30... so meybe I should just go gunmetal? Hrm... I really thought a dark bronze would have looked good too
Old 11-14-2003, 01:31 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumpa... someone must know...