Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Playstation Portable

Old 11-05-2003, 09:24 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playstation Portable

Courtesy of Digitalbackspin.com;

During a corporate Strategy meeting today, Sony president Ken Kutaragi showed off the first look at the upcoming PSP. Since the "Transform 60" meeting was about general corporate planning and not specific products or services, few additional details or specifications on the device were revealed beyond the design which was characterised as "a work in progress".

Kutaragi-san did offer two new insights into the unit, one being that cell phone capabilities were being planned for the device. The second revelation was that PSP will not be a product so much as a product line, with various configurations of the device selling at different price points.

While it's by no means certain that this will be the final form the PSP takes, it does give a good bit of insight into the thinking behind the device. The central area on the "back" of the device(where the logo sits) is the UMD disk drive. It's hard to tell from these images were the memory stick slot would be placed.

The official prototype won't be seen until E3 2004, so it's safe to assume that many design elements will change between now and then. But we think Sony is definately on the right track!

Old 11-05-2003, 09:29 PM
sman789
Don't touch me I'm tender

omg, its so sexay
Old 11-05-2003, 09:34 PM
s2ktonv

Can't wait to try it out in our next meeting about it
Old 11-05-2003, 10:01 PM
The Beav
i

that looks like a far better gba alternative than the ghey n-gage
Old 11-05-2003, 10:57 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

If its going to be at the next E3, I'm definitely going.:thumbup:

I didn't go to this years E3 cause nothing new was out. I was there for the N64 launch.