Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

What alarm are you sporting? suggestions?

Old 10-20-2003, 08:29 AM
b00gers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by lil_1_2002
Do you have the RS3? and what are its features? how much?
Also yea i know DEI owns them all, but does it mean that all the alarms are the same? to me the extra stuff seem different but i'm an alarm noob. hehe
i dont know how companies work when there is a buyout h:

but no, i dont have that alarm, yet. :thumbup: do a search on it, best buys sells them for $500 installed. i think the alarm itself is about $250-300. couple of the main features is the LCD remote and 2 way paging.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:39 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

No one pays attention to car alarms these days anyway. Its probably a better idea to hide fuel cut off switches and shit in the car than waste half a grand on an alarm which a good theif will no know to bypass even if the alarm is going off no one is going to stop him.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:45 AM
b00gers

Originally posted by FourthGenHatch
No one pays attention to car alarms these days anyway. Its probably a better idea to hide fuel cut off switches and shit in the car than waste half a grand on an alarm which a good theif will no know to bypass even if the alarm is going off no one is going to stop him.
true. but some features are really helpful. such as the shock sensors...it lets me know when a kid is sitting on my car or is bouncing a basketball off of it. and plus, have the doors unlock for you = :bowdown: i cant remember the last time i used my keyhole.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:47 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Its better to hook a car battery to your door handle or something so the 500AMPs will kill who ever touches it. But that could get you in trouble.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:57 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

Stock alarm, club, kill switch. No problems yet. I'll probably get a better alarm system down the road.