Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

The reason for Laurens and my break up...

Old 10-11-2003, 01:31 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BC
i wish it were that easy. im only 17, and financially i dont have the money to support myself yet.
your mom does though, and she needs to get away from him too.

contact a lawyer privately with your mother.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:21 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Lauren...

I went and talked with Ashley's Mom an hour ago. She basically said you need to get the **** out of there as soon as possible. She said that there is financial aid available to students who do not have the support of their parents. So you could still go to school for almost free probably, so that is not a problem. She said since you speak Japanese there are credit card companies that hire people like you do deal with issues overseas if an American lost their credit card in Japan or something like that. They said it pays very well. You should look into this. So you could make money like that. She also knows a counseler who works with the police who you could talk to during school hours (so your parents don't know you are doing this) and he will help you out. Basically this guy will help you to ready yourself for independence.

As for this so called $250,000 inheritance you have. Its not your Dads money. He can't control it. Its all in a Will your grandmother has. Your grandmother is your Moms, Mom, not your Dads. He can't do shit. He is bluffing that he can take your money. Its not his word, its whats in her Will, thats all anyone can legally do. And for all any of you know your entire family could have been written out of the Will 10 years ago when your Grandmother disowned your Mom. Your Dad is using those lies to make you stay on his side. Also if any of those accounts you supposedly have $5,000 in are in both you and your Dads name you can still legally get it. If he created the account in his name for you I think you can still get it. So don't worry about this bullshit. You can get your life together much easier than you imagine. Plus you don't have a problem with your Mom, she is not the abusive one. So if your Dad hates you it doesn't mean shit because he can't control that stuff anyway, your Mom really can't either, its not her money. Its your old hag of a Grandmothers money.

As for dirty laundry, keeping this shit in the closet is what creates problems, I want as many people as I can to know the abuse that goes on and how terrible of a person her father is. And none of this is anything she never posted on this site already. I just added it all together.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:36 PM
DelSolSIinMD
Le Grand Illusion

Jesus H Christ!

1) Absolutely contact a lawyer privately. I'm sure you have far more options than you know. Most family lawyers will take on this case pro-bono.

2) See what can be done about obtaining a restraining order once you leave. Guys like this absolutely will try and hound you to get you back once you've left their direct control.

3) Explore ALL available options about living elsewhere. If at a good friend's house, so be it.

4) What FourthGenHatch said about your inheritance is absolutely true. Under Maryland law, no one but the trustee appointed by the bank - who CANNOT be a family member due to conflict of interest - can do anything to that money. The trustee can be sued under several different laws if they hand even a dime of that money to your father. So your dad does not control the money, cannot control the money, cannot influence the person controlling the money, and is lying.

5) If all else fails, either contact Child Services here in the state, and report the abuse, or go live with a good friend whose parents know something about this situation. Then report the abuse.

I wish you all the luck in the world... both of you.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:49 PM
Grifter

thats some fudged up stuff
why did your mom marry that guy?
how old is your lil sister?
how do u feel about your mom?

my gf father is kinda a wackjob also but he is not as bad
i feel for you guys
Old 10-11-2003, 02:54 PM
BonzoAPD

ow this is insane. Lauren you really need to get away from your "dad". I really feel for you as I had an ex who was beat by her step dad. She wound up moving out and lived with friends till she could be financially stable to move out on her own. Anything is better than being trapped like that.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Lauren... deffinatly see what you can do to get away from him. :happysad: Good luck.. I wish us at HAN could do more.. but.. you know where to vent. :wavey: :hugglez:
Old 10-11-2003, 02:59 PM
BonzoAPD

Lauren if you ever need someone to talk to, hit me up on aim at BonzoAPD
Old 10-11-2003, 03:17 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Originally posted by Grifter

why did your mom marry that guy?
how old is your lil sister?
how do u feel about your mom?

my gf father is kinda a wackjob also but he is not as bad
i feel for you guys
Cuz her Mom is a piece of work also, just not abusive.
Her sister is 11.
She is ok with her Mom, they get along and her Mom likes me.

Part of the reason I want her father nailed to the wall is even if Lauren moves out her little sister is still trapped there for 7 more years. And than she will become his main focus. Not a big deal now but once she gets older and wants more freedom they will clash and her life will be miserable.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:04 PM
b_dyche
owned by a 9 car pile-up

FourthGenHatch - you've got my vote of support for anything you do to help her... I admire a man of integrity... :thumbup:

BC - kick him in the junk repeatedly... and then call the cops... h:
Old 10-11-2003, 05:33 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

I hope everything works out. Don't know what else to tell you guys. :dunno: Seems like you both know what to do, you're just--scared to act.