Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Banks SUCK

Old 10-10-2003, 02:17 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks SUCK

they **** you over if you don't have direct deposit by holding your money for ten days.
Please explain how money coming from out-of-state can automatically clear with direct deposit.. but the SAME check you would get otherwise... with the SAME amount takes TEN ****ING DAYS!? :madfawk: :rant: In the world of today's technology.. does that makes no sense?

And please refrain from the "get direct deposit" comments. I have my reasons why I haven't done it yet. But apprently I have no ****ing choice now.

:breathe: :calmdown:
Old 10-10-2003, 02:21 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

weird, thats not the case here for me. It almost never takes 10 days to clear. Plus the as long as you have an account with the bank you should be able to "cash" any check immediately. But if the check later does not clear they pull it out of your accounts. Then leave you to work out the bounced check with whoever issued it. At least thats what happened to me.

My bank offers free $250 overdraft protection though. So I need not worry about writing checks for bills and them bouncing. Research into other banks would be my best advice.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:22 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

OH! And forgot this charmer... they still let you take THAT money that's YOURS. That YOU worked for, (but you can't have just yet) out of the ATM.. oh.. and then they charge you an overdraft ****ing fee because it REALLY isn't available.. but is there anyway..
MOther ****ing cock suckers.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:22 PM
g2tegls
MR, ftw

Yeah, that's kinda like when I put $40 CASH deposit into the ATM AT MY BANK (read: 30 feet from the front door of the bank) and it took 3 days to go through. Cash deposit. At my bank. 3 days.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Originally posted by honda_pilot
weird, thats not the case here for me. It almost never takes 10 days to clear. Plus the as long as you have an account with the bank you should be able to "cash" any check immediately. But if the check later does not clear they pull it out of your accounts. Then leave you to work out the bounced check with whoever issued it. At least thats what happened to me.

My bank offers free $250 overdraft protection though. So I need not worry about writing checks for bills and them bouncing. Research into other banks would be my best advice.
Oh I plan on it.. but I have to wait until the 17th to get my money out. ****ing bank ****heads.
Old 10-10-2003, 02:23 PM
randomtask77
Wanderer

What bank do you have so that I may avoid it if and when I decide to change banks?
Old 10-10-2003, 02:24 PM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's why i like my credit union. i could deposit a check through the atm and pull it all right back out. but with my bank of america account, if i put it in on friday (which just so happens to be the day i get paid) i have to wait until tuesday to get it. i plan on getting direct deposit on my CU account soon. :goodjob:
Old 10-10-2003, 02:24 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

First Union now known as Wachovia. bastards
Old 10-10-2003, 02:26 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

Oh.. and the REAL kicker here. My company failed to pay me for two weeks in a row. So.. I have had VERY little cash in two weeks.. and since that's the money that's now on ****ing hold... I'm going to be broke for another god damn week

How many of you can go three weeks of not paying bills, getting gas.. etc.
:rant:
Old 10-10-2003, 02:27 PM
Just Janna
Cake or Death?

*sigh* Off to class now. :sad: