Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

The Empire Strikes Back!

Old 10-10-2003, 06:29 AM
Mr. UnderHill
Love Is Suicide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Empire Strikes Back!

Andy Petitte has to be one of the best(if not the best) big game pitchers in the game today. The offense is starting to heat up....look out Boston. :fawk:

GO YANKS!
Old 10-10-2003, 06:37 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

^they got to a tired derrick lowe and petite got lucky he could have been hit up for many runs in the 1st and 2nd inning with the way he was pitching.

gimme a break pedro is the best pitcher in baseball, after that i would say kerry wood, zito or hudson.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:42 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
^they got to a tired derrick lowe and petite got lucky he could have been hit up for many runs in the 1st and 2nd inning with the way he was pitching.

gimme a break pedro is the best pitcher in baseball, after that i would say kerry wood, zito or hudson.
It's all part of the game. Don't make excuses that they lost. They lost. It was a fair game. Just like the win they had on Wednesday night was a fair game. Don't whinne about a tired Derek Lowe. They had other pitchers they could have used if they were worried about how tired he was

Back to the point of the evil empire, Fox had a lot of fun with that in the opening of the pregame show. It cracked me up :chuckles:
Old 10-10-2003, 07:04 AM
skabone69

Originally posted by BonzoAPD
Back to the point of the evil empire, Fox had a lot of fun with that in the opening of the pregame show. It cracked me up :chuckles:
:werd:that was some funny shit.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:07 AM
AcuraFanatic

Game 3 on Saturday. See you there. hnoes:
Old 10-10-2003, 07:37 AM
lingerbw

Fox had a lot of fun with that in the opening of the pregame show. It cracked me up :chuckles:
This broadcast crew seems like they came straight from the Yankee Stadium fan base. It's really annoying me how they are calling the game with such a biased angle on everything. They have the brother of a Yankee up there for cryin out loud!!
Old 10-10-2003, 07:41 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by lingerbw
This broadcast crew seems like they came straight from the Yankee Stadium fan base. It's really annoying me how they are calling the game with such a biased angle on everything. They have the brother of a Yankee up there for cryin out loud!!
he hates the yankees though cause he has been kicked out of the playoffs by them. Also his bro has only been a yankee for a few months so there isn't much love there. I think they are calling an objective game if you ask me :dunno:
Old 10-10-2003, 07:56 AM
lingerbw

nah. focus on it Saturday, you'll see. Good luck (not really :fawk: )

Pedro ownz and Roger gets shelled. (We need this one!)
Old 10-10-2003, 08:02 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

It's all part of the game. Don't make excuses that they lost. They lost. It was a fair game. Just like the win they had on Wednesday night was a fair game. Don't whinne about a tired Derek Lowe. They had other pitchers they could have used if they were worried about how tired he was :rolleyes

:
i'm not bitching at all, D lowe pitched well considering how much work he has gotten. i just felt like pointing out that he was not 100% wheras petite was, but still almost gave up the game early. also most of the runs where from runners on due to walks. the yankee bats hit well enough to win at the right times, but didn't hit a ton. hell to come in and take a game in NY is all your really looking to do.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:33 AM
lingerbw

split in NY, 2 out of 3 in Fenway, split in NY

Red Sox / Cubbies WS