Notices
The Basement Non-Honda/Acura discussion. Content should be tasteful and "primetime" safe.

Celebrity encounters?

Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Celebrity encounters?

Anyone ever meet a celebrity or sports star before?

If so, who and were they nice?
Old 12-13-2012, 09:07 AM
flipped cracka
BOOM goes the dynamite!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was about 10 or so, I met The Undertaker and British Bulldog (they were walking together) at LAX on my way somewhere, I don't remember where. I was with my grandparents and saw them walk by and followed them a bit until I got enough courage to go up to them. I eventually sheepishly asked them for an autograph, and they were nice enough. I was too scared to try to chat them up at all.

I was also in line behind Chuck Lidell at LAX a few years ago, and he was super nice.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM
JGordon

Was visiting my cousin in Dallas and bumped into Emmitt Smith at a steakhouse. Shook his hand and talked about how much I loved the Cowboys and watching him when I was growing up, he was very nice and appreciative of the compliments.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

I didn't talk to him, but I saw Corbin Bersen at LAX last May. We ended up taking the same flight from LAX to Dallas (I think, it was a connecting flight). He rode in coach about 3 rows in front of me.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too many to name but a couple of the nicer ones are

Adam Yauch and Mike D when I was in Utah Snowboarding, spent probably half the day riding with Yauch before we stopped for lunch and he pulled off the balaclava he was wearing and I realized I recognized him as Mike sat down at the table. Ended up hanging out with them for the day riding and having a beer or two afterwards.

Zach from RATM was super cool and personable, only got to talk for about 10-15 minutes but seeing him interact with myself and others around who came up to him really impressed me.

Dave Grohl, at the time I met him it was forst tour for Foo Fighters and high stress so he started as kind of a dick to me, but after hanging out a bit he relaxed and was honestly a nice guy. I don't hold the initial meeting against him in the least either.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Like john ^^^^ I've met and know quite a few em.
Will.I.am/Phil Mickelson were cool like the other side of the pillow.
Will.i.am even took a picture and signed a autograph for my daughter
My Star struck moments are meeting and stuttering to Eva Mendes:chuckles:and Jamie Foxx
Most misunderstood celebrity's were Ike Turner(Tina Turner's ex husband) and Reggie Jackson.
Ike Turner was the coolest of them all.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:19 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

none.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
LABARINTH
Better Than Canada!

I have met Afroman and Biz Markie (separate encounters). They were both really nice. Afroman played a small club in Syracuse. After the concert he just walked into the crowd, went over to the bar, and hung out the rest of the night. He signed autographs, drank, and just hung out. So he seemed pretty cool.

I was on a plane with Biz Markie. Afterword at the luggage claim he talked to people and signed autographs. He also seemed pretty cool.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Few years ago I met Brian Westbrook and few Eagles linemen at a bar in New Jersey. We sat and chatted for a bit, then I left them alone. They were personable guys and great conversation.

Sat next to James Woods on a train from Philly to Baltimore International earlier this year. We didn't talk much because he kept getting calls.

Met New Zealand rapper David Dallas last month after his performance at a PA venue. Real chill.

Did whippits (lol) in my high school years with Nick Hexum, P-Nut, and SA (members of 311) in their room next to mine after their concert.

I think that's it.

Last edited by LT; 12-14-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

These are some pretty good stories :eek4: