Notices

Those with Sway Bars...................

Old 05-07-2003, 09:55 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with Sway Bars...................

Does your rear sway bars give off clunking and squeaking sound? When I installed the S/T Sway Bar on my 94 EX, I found out that I HAD a rear sway bar, yet it's much thinner and smaller. Installed the new one using the existed holes. So I don't have to drill any new ones like other LX, DX owners. Anyways, to make the story short. My Rear suspension gives off much Clunking/squeaking sound and I think it's the Sway Bar problem. At first, I noticed the new handling, however, I think that it had lost its grip lately. I only had them on for 2-3 weeks.

Is there any suggestion to stop the Clunk/squeaking sounds? I Sprayed some WD-40 on it but doesn't help much. Or is it because of the holes I used to install them? The 2 arms on the side seem stood straight when I first installed it and fit perfectly into the pre-existed holes, but lately I've seen that the 2 side arms are not straight any more, they lean in a slant direction and the Rubber Bushings that goes between the bar and arm are heavily stressed/squeezed (b/c the arms are not standing up straight).

thanks
Old 05-08-2003, 03:33 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

do you have an aftermarket exhaust? the S/T bar will hit most exhausts.

also i have an EX and drilled the holes. the instructions say to regardless of model. i know many people don't drill the holes, which i'm not sure why since it takes about 5 minutes more to do it as long as you have the tools.
Old 05-08-2003, 04:49 AM
vtecinside
Cracker Quack!

it sounds like you should get the install checked on your sway bar. 4+ years later my sway makes no noise... and its nice and straight.....
Old 05-08-2003, 10:12 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

I'll check it this weekend when I put mine on the lift to install my cat. converter back for Emission check. If it's not the bar, then it's probably caused by the dead coils of my springs clunking together,
Old 05-08-2003, 10:29 AM
decibel_dj

hmmmm i've been wanting to get some sway bars my ride is dropped but i could use the added stiffness... for those who have them is the difference noticeable?
Old 05-08-2003, 10:39 AM
I Like JDM
JDM Spec Tuner

I just installed the bar this past monday...Very noticeable difference in right turns....curvy roads are very fun to drive through.

I had an LX and they had holes already drilled...Maybe did you lube up the bushings?...:shrugs:
Old 05-08-2003, 10:49 AM
decibel_dj

hmmm my car corners nicely though cuz of the drop but i could use some firming up u know would the sway bars help that much? do i need to get front/rear and upper/lower bars or just what i need?
Old 05-08-2003, 11:22 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by decibel_dj
hmmm my car corners nicely though cuz of the drop but i could use some firming up u know would the sway bars help that much? do i need to get front/rear and upper/lower bars or just what i need?
since you have an EX only get the front bar unless you like to understeer. the rear bar + stock EX bar makes for slight oversteer which is preferred by everyone who autocrosses their accord.

F/R STB's would be a good idea too.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:27 AM
decibel_dj

thats sounds good i'm gonna look into it
Old 05-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

Originally posted by decibel_dj
hmmmm i've been wanting to get some sway bars my ride is dropped but i could use the added stiffness... for those who have them is the difference noticeable?
Yes