View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 09:55 PM
H-Accord-22
Duh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Those with Sway Bars...................

Does your rear sway bars give off clunking and squeaking sound? When I installed the S/T Sway Bar on my 94 EX, I found out that I HAD a rear sway bar, yet it's much thinner and smaller. Installed the new one using the existed holes. So I don't have to drill any new ones like other LX, DX owners. Anyways, to make the story short. My Rear suspension gives off much Clunking/squeaking sound and I think it's the Sway Bar problem. At first, I noticed the new handling, however, I think that it had lost its grip lately. I only had them on for 2-3 weeks.

Is there any suggestion to stop the Clunk/squeaking sounds? I Sprayed some WD-40 on it but doesn't help much. Or is it because of the holes I used to install them? The 2 arms on the side seem stood straight when I first installed it and fit perfectly into the pre-existed holes, but lately I've seen that the 2 side arms are not straight any more, they lean in a slant direction and the Rubber Bushings that goes between the bar and arm are heavily stressed/squeezed (b/c the arms are not standing up straight).

thanks