Notices

Rearended

Old 04-10-2003, 07:15 PM
BrentA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearended

well guys i got rearended today, i stopped at at a stop light today after school, looked in my rearview mirror and BAMMM!!!, smashed my head off of the headrest, kinda hurt...but anyway, i pulled off the road and seen she hit me so hard that my head unit blew out of the dash!, i got out looked aournd and to my surprise my car was hardly damaged, the rear quarter panel was bent up a bit around the gas door, but that was about it!, so i walkke dover to the girls car where some other people were and her entire front end was smashed to hell, her airbags smashed her windows the front end was smashed in about a foot. she was shook up pretty bad, the cops came got our storys and info then i was on my way. then later on tonighti noticed it makes a wierd noise now, my drivers seat doesnt work, my kickpanel is out of place, stereo has bad noise comming out of all speakers,etc......anyway since there was little body damage i was thinking that that frame soaked up ALOT of the force......do you guys think it could have twisted the frame up? possibly totalling it?
Old 04-10-2003, 07:21 PM
nd4speedm1
Currently Riding his BIKE

ouch man that sucks i got robbed today....i dont have a headunit anymore if u want urs can fly out of the dash and into my car hehe
Old 04-10-2003, 07:26 PM
BrentA

hopefully they total it and i can get new one
Old 04-10-2003, 08:07 PM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

If it was bent up around the gas door that doesn't seem to hopeful for it to be repairable
Old 04-10-2003, 08:16 PM
BrentA

i mean the panel was bent in the area of the gas door
Old 04-10-2003, 08:26 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Take a picture of the damage.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:45 AM
skabone69

sounds like there will be a good chunck of hidden damage. I wouldn't count on them totaling your car, unless there is an obscene amount of damage. From the way you are talking about the accident my guess is it would cost anywhere from $3000-$4000 tops. Show me some pics and I'll be able to give you a better idea. I work in a claims center, and see stuff like this all the time. Pretty much the only way they will total it is if the damage is about 75% of what the car is worth. I once saw this claim where someone with a BMW 7series got into a nasty accident. $20,000 in damage, and because they go for about $80,000 they fixed it. In there view it was more cost effective. Insurance companies are just out for themselves.:fawk:
Old 04-11-2003, 11:37 AM
BrentA

Thanks for the info, i baught it for 3100....anyway ill have it looked at tmw after im done workin and i looked under it today and i can see a big crack on a weld in the frame right in front of the tire and i also noticed its out of alignment my neck is pretty sore too and i learned today that she was goin roughly 40 mph
Old 04-11-2003, 02:51 PM
skabone69

if need be, don't be afraid to get a lawyer involved if you have personal injury.
Old 04-11-2003, 04:07 PM
EliteAccord
Banned

Originally posted by BrentA
Thanks for the info, i baught it for 3100....anyway ill have it looked at tmw after im done workin and i looked under it today and i can see a big crack on a weld in the frame right in front of the tire and i also noticed its out of alignment my neck is pretty sore too and i learned today that she was goin roughly 40 mph
From what I hear and considering my friends rearend accident. Your car is leaning towards a total loss.

Get a lawyer and go see a doctor.

The insurance will only give you blue book value of the car and a little more. Which is why you need a lawyer to get more money such as personal property loss, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of use of the car and other stuff.