Notices

July 29, 2003 A day that will never be forgotten

Old 07-29-2003, 02:44 PM
Low-D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fuckin wrecked my ITR about 3 hours ago. This fuckin sucks. Excuse all the curse words but I am really pissed at myself right now. Well Just thought i would share the bad news.

Later,

Low-D
Old 07-29-2003, 02:46 PM
hondafanatic

I am sure there is a story please share. your fault someone elses?

any pics? what are your plans for the car
Old 07-29-2003, 02:51 PM
Low-D

well it was my fault just because i ht him from behind. I was changing lanes and it was busy traffic it was around 1 or 2 so everyone was going back to work from lunch. but anyway, i changed lanes and as soon as i got behind this guy in an explorer he hit his brakes ad went from 60 to 20 in like 3 seconds.i was sqeezing in when i was changing lanes so i really had no time to hit the brakes. i was trying to go around him so only the drivers side is damaged. but pretty much every thing in the front of the car was pushed back about 5 inches.but since it was a non injury accident we just exchanged info and so no ticket was issued. I am not sure what is going to happen. Hopefully my insurance wont go up too high so i can keep the car.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:02 PM
hondafanatic

crappy, i feel bad for you.

good luck with the insurance. dont them them make you take it to a crappy shop for the body work.

try to take it to a place that restores valueable and rare cars, if its on the insurance companies dime.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:03 PM
Erik B

Sorry to hear about that man! Shouldn't be that bad since no ticket was issued. Whats your deductable? Sounds like someone is getting a JDM front end...
Old 07-29-2003, 04:26 PM
Low-D

ACCTUALLY I WAS THINKIN THAT. i COULD LOOSE MY JOB TOO. I PARK CARS FOR A LIVING SO THEY DONT LIKE IT IF YOU WRECK
Old 07-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Jan Niemi

Your employer cannot legally fire you because you had an accident with your own vehicle on your own time. If they try, it's an easy lawsuit. And I like Erik's idea about the JDM front.. :twisted:
Old 07-29-2003, 05:20 PM
George Knighton

Originally Posted by Jan Niemi
Your employer cannot legally fire you because you had an accident with your own vehicle on your own time.
I do it all the time.

I require employees to have good driving records.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:15 PM
Jan Niemi

As long as you disclose that prior to hiring, and it's documented and signed by the employee. I don't know that his employer did.
Old 07-29-2003, 06:19 PM
George Knighton

Originally Posted by Jan Niemi
As long as you disclose that prior to hiring, and it's documented and signed by the employee. I don't know that his employer did.
I'm not sure where you live, but it's different where I live.

I can change the terms of employment at will. I can fire someone simply because he's not getting along with his supervisor.

I must recognise protected classes and make sure that we do not discriminate based on someone's membership in a protected class.

But...that's about it.