Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Integra & 97-01 Integra Type-R (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r-17/)
-   -   July 29, 2003 A day that will never be forgotten (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/integra-and-97-01-integra-type-r/132018-july-29-2003-a-day-that-will-never-be-forgotten.html)

Low-D 07-29-2003 02:44 PM

I fuckin wrecked my ITR about 3 hours ago. This fuckin sucks. Excuse all the curse words but I am really pissed at myself right now. Well Just thought i would share the bad news.

Later,

Low-D

hondafanatic 07-29-2003 02:46 PM

I am sure there is a story please share. your fault someone elses?

any pics? what are your plans for the car

Low-D 07-29-2003 02:51 PM

well it was my fault just because i ht him from behind. I was changing lanes and it was busy traffic it was around 1 or 2 so everyone was going back to work from lunch. but anyway, i changed lanes and as soon as i got behind this guy in an explorer he hit his brakes ad went from 60 to 20 in like 3 seconds.i was sqeezing in when i was changing lanes so i really had no time to hit the brakes. i was trying to go around him so only the drivers side is damaged. but pretty much every thing in the front of the car was pushed back about 5 inches.but since it was a non injury accident we just exchanged info and so no ticket was issued. I am not sure what is going to happen. Hopefully my insurance wont go up too high so i can keep the car.

hondafanatic 07-29-2003 03:02 PM

crappy, i feel bad for you.

good luck with the insurance. dont them them make you take it to a crappy shop for the body work.

try to take it to a place that restores valueable and rare cars, if its on the insurance companies dime.

Erik B 07-29-2003 03:03 PM

Sorry to hear about that man! Shouldn't be that bad since no ticket was issued. Whats your deductable? Sounds like someone is getting a JDM front end...

Low-D 07-29-2003 04:26 PM

ACCTUALLY I WAS THINKIN THAT. i COULD LOOSE MY JOB TOO. I PARK CARS FOR A LIVING SO THEY DONT LIKE IT IF YOU WRECK

Jan Niemi 07-29-2003 04:33 PM

Your employer cannot legally fire you because you had an accident with your own vehicle on your own time. If they try, it's an easy lawsuit. And I like Erik's idea about the JDM front.. :twisted:

George Knighton 07-29-2003 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Niemi
Your employer cannot legally fire you because you had an accident with your own vehicle on your own time.

I do it all the time.

I require employees to have good driving records.

Jan Niemi 07-29-2003 06:15 PM

As long as you disclose that prior to hiring, and it's documented and signed by the employee. I don't know that his employer did.

George Knighton 07-29-2003 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jan Niemi
As long as you disclose that prior to hiring, and it's documented and signed by the employee. I don't know that his employer did.

I'm not sure where you live, but it's different where I live.

I can change the terms of employment at will. I can fire someone simply because he's not getting along with his supervisor.

I must recognise protected classes and make sure that we do not discriminate based on someone's membership in a protected class.

But...that's about it. :)