Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

94 civic coupe...teal :O

Old 11-03-2007, 07:21 PM
mr.rhtuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 civic coupe...teal :O

Hey guys, thought I'd join here to browse the forums.

I was looking through some pics of my old car and wanted to post them up here and get some feedback on how she turned out and changed over the years.

Thanks!

First few days she's home!

Then decided to buy and restore some old 16X7 Racing Hart Tuners with a nice drop on tokico shocks and toms coilovers

Then got a hold of a Spoon Sports Fiberglass lip and some 15X7 OZ/Fitipaldi Wheels

Then I picked up my first set ever of omni power coilovers, K-sport LCA's and some 15X7 5Zigen N1R Becketts

now when I picked up the 5zigen wheels...I also put in a B18B engine mated to a 10lb Jun flywheel to a b16a2 transmission and 2.5" exhaust....The car pulled AWESOME!

Then I had a problem with the motor, slowly started to part car, sold the shell and now selling everything off

Just wanted to make a tribute post to my old teal coupe.

Current driver? - 2000 bmw 323ci...gf's car
Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 AM
JoePoonani
Lexus Tech y0!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sad that she had to go What were the problems with the engine?
Old 11-04-2007, 08:35 AM
mr.rhtuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoePoonani
Sad that she had to go What were the problems with the engine?

Well to make it short...the motor I bought from a guy in Toronto. I checked it over, looked good, took it home, rebuilt it...1 week before install...I go and try to put on the engine mount bracket(that bolts to the block)

Whoever had the motor before stripped and re-tapped new threads at a larger diamater, so then I had to clean up the threads with a tap, find new thicker bolts and use a special metal drill bit to widen the holes on the mount bracket.

We finally got the holes widened enough for the new bolts, but the previous owners tapped the holes on a bit of angles, so we had to keep widening the bracket holes just enough for clearance to bolt on.

So we got the mount on, we tightened it without doing more damage and we used JB weld all around it to NOT seal it, but to see if the JB weld will crack under stress in a few weeks.

We installed the motor, wow, it ran SO nice...so good and I was so happy.

just about 3 months later, I'm about to drive to toronto and I decide to check the rad coolant. Pop the hood, the engine is on a bit of a tilt.

The bottom bracket bolt started to loosen and was doing about 25% of holding at the bottom, and the top bolts were slowly comming out. I then just drove the car home safely, parked it and it never left my driveway after.

I don't own a house garage so I had no real place to fix it, didn't want to tow it, and besides...I live in canada and a car in winter would be needed and I just had this civic painted.

So I parted her out

Sorry if I'm rambling on...I'm not the best story writer so hope you get the idea of what happened.

Thanks
bart
Old 11-04-2007, 11:10 AM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks like you did a great job. I was scared when I first opened this thread that it was going to end up riced out but I was actually pleasantly surprised. The car was tasteful and not overdone. Sorry it had to go.