Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

A couple questions about this integra......

Old 08-29-2006, 08:15 PM
Deuces_Wild
the unibomber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple questions about this integra......

OK so I have a couple of questions for you really.

So here's the deal
I was considering purchacing this car for the b18b swap to go into my ek hatch. I was also going to swap out the seats, wheels, springs and struts, etc. I should be able to get the car as is for $1500 or so. The interior is in perfect condition. Just needs a little detailing, due to the fact that it has been sitting so long. I only saw one small door ding in the rear passenger quarter pannel.

The delema
Now I'm not really sure if I want to rip this integra apart. its really clean (other than the wrecked part) and I think I could fix it for somewhat cheap. It only needs the bumper and support, pass fender, hood, pass headlight, radiator support, and rear bumper. The only thing that I am not sure about is the part under the hood that the fender bolts to, you can see in the pics what I'm talking about. I priced all of the parts for this at only $450 (not including the piece under the hood).

Questions:
1. what do you think this car is worth in its current condition?
2. what do you think that it would cost to repair the part under the hood
3. what is the name of this part (check pic# 1)
4. all in all, is it worth it to try and fix? or should i just part the biotch out?

LMK what you think........

pic# 1 (this pic is not of car in question, for example only)

front

side

one of the engine bay
Old 08-29-2006, 11:49 PM
Ladyscorpia20
Im the newbie :)

Questions:
1. what do you think this car is worth in its current condition?
2. what do you think that it would cost to repair the part under the hood
3. what is the name of this part (check pic# 1)
4. all in all, is it worth it to try and fix? or should i just part the biotch out?
1. I personally dont think this car is worth 1500.. But then again i cant really tell what if any kind of damage is on the rear.. the car looks salvageable though..

2. BUT...The parts themselves probably wont be that expensive.. but the labor and the time spent on fixing the car is gonna out weigh what its really worth.. plus there is gonna be a lot of welding going on.. hopefully its done right.. i dont wanna see a front clip layin on the freeway somewhere

3. To my knowledge.. that part is called the firewall

4. In all honesty if u have the time and the $$ it looks salvageable... although parting it out will probably make u some good $$.. then u can turn around and sell the shell to a bodyshop win win lol hope that helps
Old 08-31-2006, 03:26 PM
delsol161

that part is the fenderwell, right side (passenger). i'd stick with parting it out. the motor swap could bring in near $1000 if u play ur cards right. brakes, steering, fuel components. interior for the matter. u could make a killing off that car...
Old 09-01-2006, 03:25 AM
2gr84u
2gr84u

yea another problem with trying to save the car would be paying to paint everything to match the rest of the car, its not gonna match perfectly so its just never gonna look right. Plus the car is gonna be worth less when you try to sell it down the road because this accident is gonna be on carfax for sure. Just part it out, use the money and parts to make your current car better and youll be better off in the end
Old 09-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Deuces_Wild
the unibomber

good points. after all was considered, i did decide to just part the car out. as it will make me more money, and ill have less headaches. so as soon as i pick her up, ill be posting all the parts up here.

thanks for your input!