Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Paint Job [Recommendations for MD area]

Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 AM
acegt2
01 GS-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Job [Recommendations for MD area]

I'm thinking of getting my teg painted. Need some estimates of a good paint job and or any good shops around the maryland area?
Old 11-30-2005, 06:13 PM
kiddcarbuff

again. i posted somrthing like this in the civic forum, if u want a cheap easy job, go to macco. if you want something that is nice quality u need to do research about reputable body shops. the job will run you over 2 grand jsut for startting, thats most likely not painting jams, or engine bay, jsut the outside body, so say ur car is silver now and u want it red, u will open ur doors and see a silver jam. if u dont want that it'll def cost a hella lot more, the intriro needs to get sealed and the door needs to come apart. and of course the options are endless, mixing the paint differently to a custom hue, using a pearl or a flake. its all about how much coin you are willing to drop on a paint job, and what brand of material you use for prep and the paint itself. if you have some $$ and want a custom show car paint job that u can floss ur teeth in pm me.... my dad is a custom painter, he has done ferrari's lambo's benz's everything. some of his jobs have won countless best paint awards at many car shows. but as i already said its all about $$ and research on what you really want. so basically ur paint is gonna be over 2 grand w/ prep and then the painting itself... hope i helped ya out. i jsut got done a few hours ago painting an older amg e class this porsche blue color, i gotta do the clear 2morrow. , im gonna have a nice pay check by the end of the week on this car. but yea again i hope i helped ya
Old 11-30-2005, 07:38 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by many styles
$1000+ for a good paint job. Any less, dont waste your time....

If u dont care, then go to maaco.

I say the dealer will do a good job. Other places to half-azz jobs. They dont even take out the black moldings. they mask it. which is not good. A good paint job would be the removal of everything that can be removed. All the exterior plastics etc........
The dealer sends it off someplace else most times.
Ignore what he says. You can get a damn good job done at Maacos if you get one that is certified by Maacos. There are about 500 around the US that are certified. Just do your homework. We got a car done by Maacos, one that was certified, and paid little for it. About 500 dollars. 5 or 6 years later it is still looking brand new. She(My sister whos car it is) doesn't do anything special to clean it. Only a few times a year.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:03 PM
kfar09

MAACO SUCKS ASS.

don't ever have maaco paint your car. my buddy (who doesn't care about his saturn) had it maaco'd and 2 years later, the green is now purple/green and looks like ass
Old 11-30-2005, 09:15 PM
M@rshy
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶

Originally Posted by kfar09
MAACO SUCKS ASS.

don't ever have maaco paint your car. my buddy (who doesn't care about his saturn) had it maaco'd and 2 years later, the green is now purple/green and looks like ass
Read my post above. Thats probobly because he was stupid and didn't go to a certified place. Not all Maacos are certified..
Old 11-30-2005, 11:26 PM
tegbooster
Resident Ninja-photo'er

Originally Posted by many styles
Doesn't matter if they are certified or not, u basically get what you pay for. More expensive shops do 2 stage paint job, and also prepares the car for paint.

Maaco on the other hand, do not do body work, unless u pay for it, and they use 1 stage paint. (clear coat mixed in with base paint). which looks cheap are aren't as glossy.

I know that earl shieb just paint over ur old paint job, and do not sand at all.

Not only that, the paint they use are cheaper and dont contain "flex additives".

But hey, we drive integras, they dont need $2000+ paint jobs.
if your like me...regardless of the fact that it's an integra...u love it like a vette, ferrari, porche, AMG merc, Lambo...eh u get the idea...if u want a good paint job...it's not cheap...i spent 2200 on mine and it's been good to me...started cracking recently but only on the hood cuz my fat f'ng friend sat on it...i had to punch him in the gut pretty good....but i think he got the point:exnbp:
Old 12-01-2005, 11:10 AM
kiddcarbuff

yea i agree w/ most everyones posts so far, DONT EVER USE MACCO! jsut pay for a nice job, again do your homework on what you want
Old 12-01-2005, 12:58 PM
Tobra

Interesting I should come across this. I am getting my 914 painted, it has two small dings, and one fender that will need the little bit of body filler taken off and redone. I am going to strip off all the trim my self, will do the rear window myself, and pay to have the windshield removed and replaced. I am going to have to put all new rubber seals on it(about a grand, just for all the parts)First quote I got was for $2500, and I am still shopping, this for a car that will stay the same brutally bright orange. Good paint jobs cost big money. Paid $2000 about 15 years ago for a convertible bug
Old 12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved to App/ Cos.

This isn't really model-specific.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:16 PM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

I work at a body shop that my dad owns, just he and I, and we paint cars all the time. Honestly, if you're wanting a really nice paint job, expect to pay between $1,250-1,500...maybe more...depending on how you want it. If you're changing colors, add about a grand to that. Now if you just want paint on there, you can probably get away with $1,000 or less...but expect to have to repaint it again in 3-5 years...if that.