Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

waxed white car

Old 10-12-2005, 10:31 PM
wargoah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waxed white car

I bought a new 2005 Accord last week and waxed the car for the first time . I waxed it inside the garage. The car is white and now I have yellow/golden stains in the car from the wax only on bumpers front and real. It is like the pigment that's in the Meguiars Cleaner Wax transfered or imbedded itself into the car's clearcoat and has in essence left stains in the paint. Anyone with ideas on how to fix this?
Old 10-12-2005, 11:05 PM
DarkSideAccord
Chidori-chan :love:

u're not supposed to wax a brand new paintjob (considering tht u bought an 05) for a few months....wait a minute... an 05? not 06? hhm... then my theory could be wrong
Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why were you using cleaner wax on a car a week old?

Are you sure you're buffing hard enough with a terry cloth or similiar?
Old 10-13-2005, 03:06 AM
motoguy128

I'd see if some alcohol can get that stain out. I've also heard that mineral spirits can be used sparingly. You need a solent that can disolve that yellow pigment without dissolving the paint.
Old 10-13-2005, 05:07 AM
Thooks
President-2008

Get some regular wax and wax it again.

I have used the Meguiars Cleaner Wax, regular Mequiars wax and other liquid waxes, and really don't see a difference in appearance after or on the applicator. (If it's "cleaning", then the applicator would show it.)

Anyway, wax it again. Someone mentioned Mineral Spirits, you might try that before washing it and re-waxing.

Do you have a power buffer? If not, I think it is a very wise $60 investment for a 10" buffer. Makes taking the wax off almost effortless. Plus, you get to use a powertool!
Old 10-13-2005, 05:21 AM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

Did you buy the car new? Or have it painted? If you bought it new, then what these guys are saying isn't true because factory paint is definitely good enough to wax when you buy it. If you painted it a week ago, then yeah, they're right. You're not supposed to wax a freshly painted car until after the first month.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:20 AM
dimaj
2005 Coupe Ex 6MT

Originally Posted by motoguy128
I'd see if some alcohol can get that stain out. I've also heard that mineral spirits can be used sparingly. You need a solent that can disolve that yellow pigment without dissolving the paint.
If I am not mistaken, alcohol will disolve paint, however gasoline won't. I had some marks on my old car, so I took a cloth (or a paper towel) put some gasoline on it and went to work. That worked better than Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

dimaj
Old 11-18-2005, 07:18 AM
Kalenth
Darkside Rob

FUNNY STUFF! Cept for the people that are going to listen to that advice, dimaj...

In basic training, I told a guy to wash the floor with chlorine and bleach...
they later evacuated the building before the dumbass killed everyone.
I learned an important lesson that day: people can be stupid. and you can manipulate them. sweet.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:13 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

Originally Posted by motoguy128
why would you possibly consider using a solvent capable of wiping the paint off on a brand new car???

use a wax stripping soap. either go buy it, or steal it from your kitchen (dishwashing soap)