Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

rice your teg?

Old 04-22-2005, 10:16 AM
Chizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rice your teg?

I know what I think they look like but what's everyone's opinion on this. What's the point when you rice out a car too much or is anything like a front bumper 2 much?

There seems to be a lot of hate for riced out cars in other threads explain please
Old 04-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Mario

Make it whatever you want. If you think unpainted Bomex kits with 2 wheels in back and 2 steelies up front is cool... by all means go for it, the entertainment never gets dull for me.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

Originally Posted by Mario
Make it whatever you want. If you think unpainted Bomex kits with 2 wheels in back and 2 steelies up front is cool... by all means go for it, the entertainment never gets dull for me.
hahahahaha so true man, and well said.

people here dont like riced out cars because show cars are really stupid. we perfer to put money into the engine to make our cars faster than to put on a stupid front bumper that i could maim a dog with. we dont like ricers becuause a majority of the time they have the "ricer mentality", the ricer mentality is the street racer mentality. stickers on your car looks stupid, altezza tails look stupid, an overabundance of JDM things is stupid (because your car will not under any circumstances be jdm if it is usdm), and body kits are stupid. especially if you have a teg, body kits are stupid becuase the integra was never ment for a new bumper, unless it is the front end conversion which is sexy. i have a 01 teg gsr and im planning on a nice lip, look into that if your hell bent on doin a style mod and keep it clean. oh yeah forgot to mention, gigantic wings on any car looks ridiculous, especially on a FWD car where you dont need downforce, and at the speeds that people are driving at (even if you go over the speed limit) it is not necessary. and please dont get any bigger rims than 16", you dont drive an SUV and your actually hurting your performance with those bigger rims.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:28 PM
mikemerc85
Git-R-Done

Originally Posted by stratguitarist

people here dont like riced out cars because show cars are really stupid. we perfer to put money into the engine to make our cars faster than to put on a stupid front bumper that i could maim a dog with. we dont like ricers becuause a majority of the time they have the "ricer mentality", the ricer mentality is the street racer mentality. stickers on your car looks stupid, altezza tails look stupid, an overabundance of JDM things is stupid (because your car will not under any circumstances be jdm if it is usdm), and <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=body%20kits" onmouseover="window.status='body kits'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">body kits</a> are stupid. especially if you have a teg, body kits are stupid becuase the integra was never ment for a new bumper, unless it is the front end conversion which is sexy. i have a 01 teg gsr and im planning on a nice lip, look into that if your hell bent on doin a style mod and keep it clean. oh yeah forgot to mention, gigantic wings on any car looks ridiculous, especially on a FWD car where you dont need downforce, and at the speeds that people are driving at (even if you go over the speed limit) it is not necessary. and please dont get any bigger rims than 16", you dont drive an SUV and your actually hurting your performance with those bigger rims.
speakin of well said, awesome way to put it bro. :goodjob:
Old 04-23-2005, 03:57 PM
cobbcustomz

If someone wants to put a body kit on a car so be it. Not everyone has the same personality, and that is what a car is, a reflection of our personality. If we all were the same we would all have the exact same cars and the exact same hair cuts/clothing styles. WE would all look like clones. I personally like show cars as mine is much more show then go but i have respect for both aspects. There are idiots on each side of the show/go line
Old 05-22-2005, 05:55 PM
relecom
Nissan 240

I agree. The whole point is to personalize the car. I am much more on the less is more side of the fence, as far as the exterior goes, but I just hate it when a member here goes out and buys something for his car, and 100 other members just start bashing it. who cares, it's not like it's going on YOUR car, if the guy likes it, he likes it. Everyone talks about personalizing their car, but ti seems thst if you own a 99 EX, if you don't get a accepted lip kit, or you buy a non standard set of lights you are in for a world of hurt. I'll be honest, I am sick and tired of seeing the same old civic with lip kit #5, and clear/red tails, and 4 15" rotas on. it's gotten to the point that even if you put a nice lip kit, new "accepted" tail lights, and upgraded headlights, you are just one of the members here with the exact same car as about 200 other people here, aside from the colour variation, which if the trend keeps going the way it has, you are going to be called a ricer if you want a different colour that an OEM colour for your coupe.

don't mean to rant here guys, but it's getting out of hand with all the flaming. if the guy want to go to PEP Boys and buy all the crap he can, and cover his car with LED products, and chrome spinner hub caps... Let him. it's not going on your car so why do you care. You can state your oponion, (if asked for) without being a shmuck.

on the other side of the coin, guys, if you want to go to pep boys and buy all that crap, you know whats going to happen if you come here and create a thread like "Hey guys, do you think my Chrome spinner hub caps make my car faster?" use some thought and don't pay attention to anyone here that says something you like is crap. If YOU like it, put it on your car, and be happy. thats all that matters at the end of the day..... remember it's your car, none of the other members here helped you pay for it, so take their advice with a grain of salt.

regards, The Saint
Old 05-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Outxider
X-Motoring

other ppls money, other ppl cars, dont like it, too bad. there is no set standard for this hobby. thats kewl u like to pour ur money into ur engine, other ppl may like to do other things, appearence and looks is part of it. its true some go overboard with the things they do, jdm nonsense, ridulous kits, ect, ect. its a debate thats been beaten to death.

Originally Posted by stratguitarist

people here dont like riced out cars because show cars are really stupid. we perfer to put money into the engine to make our cars faster than to put on a stupid front bumper that i could maim a dog with. we dont like ricers becuause a majority of the time they have the "ricer mentality", the ricer mentality is the street racer mentality. stickers on your car looks stupid, altezza tails look stupid, an overabundance of JDM things is stupid (because your car will not under any circumstances be jdm if it is usdm), and body kits are stupid. especially if you have a teg, body kits are stupid becuase the integra was never ment for a new bumper, unless it is the front end conversion which is sexy. i have a 01 teg gsr and im planning on a nice lip, look into that if your hell bent on doin a style mod and keep it clean. oh yeah forgot to mention, gigantic wings on any car looks ridiculous, especially on a FWD car where you dont need downforce, and at the speeds that people are driving at (even if you go over the speed limit) it is not necessary. and please dont get any bigger rims than 16", you dont drive an SUV and your actually hurting your performance with those bigger rims.
Old 05-23-2005, 12:01 AM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

but sometimes one mods his/her car to impress other people...
Old 05-23-2005, 08:21 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search for "rice". I'm not going to let this conversation saturate as it inevitably will. :closed: