Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Body Kits

Old 03-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Dedalus2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits

I was in a little fender bender a few months ago. Rush hour traffic in LA, traffic stops suddenly and I'm fkn with the stereo Tagged the car in front of me and got rear ended to boot. Haven't been able to afford to get the bumpers replaced. I recently landed a pretty good paying job and should be able to soon. I figured I might as well mod the exterior a bit for fun. Body kits don't seem that much more expensive than oem plastic. I've heard that some don't hold paint well and/or are just shitty construction. Any brands that you all helpful gentlemen (and ladies) would recommend?
Old 03-14-2005, 03:59 AM
c_rogue69
wtf goes here?

For the most part, you're not going to get a warm welcome with Body Kits around here. The only ones that you'll probably get recommended is a WW kit or something that's not as gaudy as something like a Blitz Kit. I can suggest putting back the OEM bumpers, adding an OEM lip kit and OEM Optional Sides (If you can find a set) and keeping it as clean as possible. As far as paint not sticking to body kits, it's all about how the painter preps it.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Body kits are more fragile, unless you get urethane ones, but cost a pretty penny. Your best bet is to get aftermarket oem bumpers.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-14-2005, 09:08 AM
Dedalus2k

Yeah...I've been looking through site after site of kits and the only one that I really like is the Wings West G5 and that's like 5 bills. I'll hit the local salvage yards and see if I can score oem bumpers. Lip kit and skirts are available on eBay.
Thanks guys.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:12 AM
sleeping_civic

oem with lips are the only way to go. unless you plan on being in the next 2 gay 2 curious movie. take a look at the tsunami front lip. i have a greddy front lip on mine and it makes it look hot. but your ride=your choice, just beware of the rice tickets!
Old 04-07-2005, 04:38 PM
civicandtegra

ok dont bother with a body kit not as good as oem. a body shop guy will put the kit on then u gotta paint. when that comes in its how he sands it and what kind of primer. also if he puts enough clear coat to help protect it. just go to stock or type r it if u can spend to get the real metal stuff not that cheap crap
Old 04-12-2005, 08:14 AM
dawrenn

Don't get a body kit, you'll regret it later on down the road.