Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Patching holes?

Old 02-12-2005, 05:06 PM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patching holes?

I am planning on taking my spoiler off and want to patch the holes myself. What steps do I need to take to patch the holes? What are the materials that I need?

here is a pic of my car with the spoiler:

Old 02-12-2005, 07:53 PM
dawrenn

ttt
Old 02-12-2005, 08:19 PM
Samuels

Just bondo them if done right it'll be fine. You just gotta paint those spots or put another wing in its place. I can hook you up on the cheap if you drive to fredericksburg and buy materials.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:43 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Samuels
Just bondo them if done right it'll be fine. You just gotta paint those spots or put another wing in its place. I can hook you up on the cheap if you drive to fredericksburg and buy materials.
you just dont bondo those holes. Down the road the holes WILL reappear cuz the bondo didnt have a proper place to attach itself. as i said on the other thread in order to properly seal the holes, they must be welded shut.

dont get me wrong if your looking for a quick fix or trying to sell the car, then go right one ahead, but i can guarrantee you that those holes will reappear with a 2-5 yr period.
Old 02-12-2005, 09:54 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

With small holes like those, Bondo will be fine... Its large areas u dont want to use just Bondo, as it will weaken, and crack... But 1/4" holes will be fine...
Old 02-12-2005, 11:13 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Exempt
With small holes like those, Bondo will be fine... Its large areas u dont want to use just Bondo, as it will weaken, and crack... But 1/4" holes will be fine...
They will work, dont get me wrong, what im saying is its not a permanent fix, its temporary fix. 1/4 is a big hole when it comes to sealing it with bondo. If you arent going to keep the car for long, go ahead and do it, its cheaper, i wouldnt do it myself.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:40 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Weld it. If you dont want to weld use that green fiberglass stuff its stronger.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:11 PM
worm696

weld is the best. dont JUST bondo though. get you some fiberglass matt and resin and hardener( resin usually comes with hardener). sand down past paint about half inch around the hole(s). cut a piece of your fiberglass matt to cover the hole. follow directions for fiberglass, too tired to explain. very easy though. wait till patch hardens, sand down till smooth (around 80 grit). mix ya up some bondo and spread over your patch to fill pin holes and get even smoooother. repeat bondo as necessary. very nice. this is the same method i used to shace all my emblems, side moldings and antenna.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:47 AM
dawrenn

I am just going to wait to get the holes fixed when I get my car repainted.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:28 PM
dwheeler865

Your best option is to use a little piece of chopper mat(fiber glass) and tear off a appropriate size to cover your holes,Buy you a set up of JB weld epoxy and mix per instructions (1to1),smear it on the mesh,both sides until the piece is saturated.Place a piece of tape on the side that will be seen,apply patch to opposite side.Give about 8-10 hrs dry time and I guarantee it will not bust loose,shrink,etc.Do the nessessary body prep on the finish side(tape side).