Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

What leather cleaner?

Old 09-28-2004, 06:40 AM
dazco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What leather cleaner?

I bought some Mquires leather cleaner/protectant only to find i had basically bought a very expensive bottle of armorall. Just horrible. Does anyone know of a REAL leather cleaner conditioner for coated leather (04' accord) that will clean it and condition it, NOT add some super squeeky slick glossy armorall like finish? I just want it clean and looking the same as it did when new.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:25 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Lexol and Zaino are the only two leather cleaners and conditioners I use. You can order Zaino online and you can usually find Lexol at PepBoys or other local auto parts stores.

Both products clean and condition the leather to feel and smell like new. They don't just coat it in a shiny goop like some of the other junk out there.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by shivers
Lexol and Zaino are the only two leather cleaners and conditioners I use. You can order Zaino online and you can usually find Lexol at PepBoys or other local auto parts stores.

Both products clean and condition the leather to feel and smell like new. They don't just coat it in a shiny goop like some of the other junk out there.
I second those recommendations.

I've used both. :goodjob:
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-28-2004, 09:42 AM
dazco

Originally Posted by shivers

Excellent...Thanks ! I'll be going right by a pep boys at lunch and will grab some Lexol.(hopefully they'll have it)
Old 09-28-2004, 10:29 AM
dazco

Funny how whenever i ask questions like this at detail city all i get are confusing answers and recommendations for high end stuff that you can only get online. I come here where detailing products are a very small part of the forums, yet i get a great answer right away. This IMO says something about those who live and breathe detailing. (read: too deep into it to understand not everyone agonizes over which $100 an ounce wax will bead longer)
Old 09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Originally Posted by dazco
Funny how whenever i ask questions like this at detail city all i get are confusing answers and recommendations for high end stuff that you can only get online. I come here where detailing products are a very small part of the forums, yet i get a great answer right away. This IMO says something about those who live and breathe detailing. (read: too deep into it to understand not everyone agonizes over which $100 an ounce wax will bead longer)

Screw Detail City. Bunch of Poorboys dick riders. I hate to be so blunt about it--but they really are a one product only bunch (poorboys products are good, but not crafted by god). Autopia.org will give you good answers.

A 6 part water to 1 part wool cleaner (ie Woolite) is great for leather cleaning. Infact, Lexus manuals recommend this to clean leather. Lexol is good conditioner
Old 09-28-2004, 03:27 PM
dazco

Originally Posted by redgoober4life
Screw Detail City. Bunch of Poorboys dick riders. I hate to be so blunt about it--but they really are a one product only bunch (poorboys products are good, but not crafted by god). Autopia.org will give you good answers.

A 6 part water to 1 part wool cleaner (ie Woolite) is great for leather cleaning. Infact, Lexus manuals recommend this to clean leather. Lexol is good conditioner
LOL !! I kinda figured that, but i don't have the balls i to say it knowing some of them probably visit here. But what the hell, i gotta agree.

Anyway, your woolite recommendation is perfect because i was actually about to post again to mention that i bought the Lexol and got it home only to realize it's not a cleaner, only conditioner. So i was going to bring it back and get something that does both. But do you think i'd be better off using woolite to clean it and keep the Lexol to condition it? And would i have to condition it after every cleaning with woolite, or does conditioning only have to be done every so often like once a year regardless of your cleaning regimin?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:39 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Autopia is the :bigok: of car care.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 09-28-2004, 07:48 PM
redgoober4life
I eat plastic.

Originally Posted by dazco
LOL !! I kinda figured that, but i don't have the balls i to say it knowing some of them probably visit here. But what the hell, i gotta agree.

Anyway, your woolite recommendation is perfect because i was actually about to post again to mention that i bought the Lexol and got it home only to realize it's not a cleaner, only conditioner. So i was going to bring it back and get something that does both. But do you think i'd be better off using woolite to clean it and keep the Lexol to condition it? And would i have to condition it after every cleaning with woolite, or does conditioning only have to be done every so often like once a year regardless of your cleaning regimin?
I'd keep the seats well conditioned.

You can probably get by once a month taking a damp rag, and just getting the dust and minor dirt off, then condtioning. You don't have to scrub them with a leather brush or a rag unless you notice some trouble spots

You don't want the leather to dry out. I would condition more then once a year. Whenever I got the urge--haha. Try to do it once every two months, I'd say. If not more often, if you want. (If you drive alone a lot, do the drivers seat more often, just because it's going to see more wear and tear).
Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM
dazco

Got it, will do. Thanks...