Notices
Showroom Find you some "show" for your "go."

Windshield / rear window decals?

Old 03-17-2004, 06:13 PM
rsx_girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield / rear window decals?

Hi- can anyone help me here? I have a white 2003 RSX, and I am trying to track down a local place where I can find some decals. I know there are a ton of sites on the internet selling them, but I'd rather see them before I buy them (to make sure it's going to enhance my car, not make people burst out laughing when they see my car...) (uncontrollable laughter is never a good thing). I live in the Chicago area (western suburbs). Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, rsx girl
Old 03-17-2004, 07:37 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can do what you want to your car, but may I ask why you want to put stickers on your car? :happysad:
IMHO, it'd be more of an 'enhancement' if you did something more... preformance oriented such as a nice drop or engine modification.

I have no idea where in Chicago you'd go... sorry I can't be of more help.
Old 03-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

www.decaldood.com has decals... check them out
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 03-17-2004, 08:27 PM
rsx_girl

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
You can do what you want to your car, but may I ask why you want to put stickers on your car? :happysad:
IMHO, it'd be more of an 'enhancement' if you did something more... preformance oriented such as a nice drop or engine modification.

I have no idea where in Chicago you'd go... sorry I can't be of more help.
Hi- yeah, I see your point. It matters less how a car looks than how it performs- what it can actually do.
I don't have the money right now to do any modifications (I will eventually), but I want to do something (small) to make the car stand out a bit. I am a diehard Honda/Acura fan- I've had 2 CRXs, a 2001 black Integra (very sadly totaled last summer by a Chevy Suburban), and we now have a 2003 Civic and an RSX. Anyway, thanks.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:05 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Well, again, here comes my opinion. :chuckles:

If I see a car with some stickers on it, my first impression isn't 'wow, that looks great' it is rather 'stickers... huh... must not have had much money for mods'. h:

I'm honestly not trying to be rude or flame you at all, just trying to give you another perspective.

I say, save your money and get something that you'll be happy with. Believe me, I know what it's like to not have money and REALLY want to do something to my car and if I could go back I'd have not spent the money on those 'gotta do something NOW' mods.

Even a simple SRI will only cost about $60.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:08 AM
rsx_girl

Well, again, here comes my opinion. :chuckles:

If I see a car with some stickers on it, my first impression isn't 'wow, that looks great' it is rather 'stickers... huh... must not have had much money for mods'. h:

I'm honestly not trying to be rude or flame you at all, just trying to give you another perspective.

I say, save your money and get something that you'll be happy with. Believe me, I know what it's like to not have money and REALLY want to do something to my car and if I could go back I'd have not spent the money on those 'gotta do something NOW' mods.

Even a simple SRI will only cost about $60.
I appreciate your opinion- that's exactly what I wanted to know- if stickers translate to 'not much going on with the car'. Or if stickers are perceived as a bit obnoxious (I know I've seen some obnoxious ones!). Thanks again.
Old 03-18-2004, 05:24 AM
qtiger

You have a bit of a disadvantage being a girl, frankly. I think if people see stickers or other cosmetic mods on a girl's car, they'll make assumptions. h:

Personally I think it'd be fun to keep it clean, throw the mods under the hood, and stomp the crap out of people. Then you can point at the macho ones and say "Youuuu got beat by a giiiirl! BWAHAHAHAHAHAA" :af:
Old 03-18-2004, 06:24 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Originally Posted by rsx_girl
I appreciate your opinion- that's exactly what I wanted to know- if stickers translate to 'not much going on with the car'. Or if stickers are perceived as a bit obnoxious (I know I've seen some obnoxious ones!). Thanks again.
Exactly my point. And I'm all for what qtiger said. Those of us that really have something going, don't advertise it with huge wings and unnecessary stickers. We enjoy the Trans-AM looking over at the little Honda thinking 'ya... pffbt... this'll be funny' and then dusting them. :chuckles:

Also, advertising attracts more than the interested/impressed.... theives also come lurking. h:
Old 03-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Jessica
ch1x0r

the only two decals i have are my HA one on the bottom of my windshield, and a surfing logo on my back window, which has nothing to do with cars and is not noticeable. these guys are right, too many decals= :down:
Old 03-19-2004, 03:57 PM
rsx_girl

Exactly my point. And I'm all for what qtiger said. Those of us that really have something going, don't advertise it with huge wings and unnecessary stickers. We enjoy the Trans-AM looking over at the little Honda thinking 'ya... pffbt... this'll be funny' and then dusting them. :chuckles:

Also, advertising attracts more than the interested/impressed.... theives also come lurking. h:
whoa! thanks! I never thought about that- what I do might to inadvertantly entice thieves. Yikes! I know the Integra was the #1 stolen card for a few years, but I hadn't thought about thay in relation to the rsx. Thanks again- you certainly see this from a number of perscpetives.
p.s. man I miss my Integra. It was sitting at a complete stop at an intersection (red light), and an SUV came up from behind- I guess she wasn't paying attention (cell phone?)- she never applied the brakes- 30mph impact, caused a 4-car accident, totaled the Integra. The car was in pristine condition. Heartbreaker. OK, I'm done with my pity party. I love my rsx, and it has a number of significant improvements, but, sigh... Thanks for listening.

Quick Reply: Windshield / rear window decals?