Notices

a few questions

Old 06-28-2002, 05:27 AM
LiLBri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few questions

hi...
i am 20 yrs old and am considering purchasing an s2000 in the future, once i'm out of college and have some $$ =) just trying to plan ahead! for u everyday drivers...how is the ride? back in the day, i read from a few places that the ride on the s2k is rough and unforgiving to the everyday commuter. and as i plan on this being my main car, i'd like one that rides nicely. are there any features on the car that stand out negatively/positively? (ie: storage space, console-friendlyness, aesthetics (int/ext), etc...??) i am very curious to see what real ppl have to say about their car (as opposed to hondacars.com and such) well i guess that is all for now, thanx in advace!

also....i haven't visited this sight in a LONG time and i was a registered user....but had to re-register to post....and my name wasn't in the members list....was everything erased once they changed up the site? cuz from what i see, the site has mucho changes! well thanx again

-Brian
Old 06-28-2002, 07:01 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't drive an S2K but I do know a couple answers...If you live in a big city, the S2K will kill you over all the ruts and potholes and stuff. In a small city or a suburb I think you'd love it...I've driven my dad's and it's fine around town and stuff.

HAN crashed a few weeks ago and everything was erased and we're in the process of rebuilding :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2002, 10:35 AM
SECRET AP1
AP1/BB6

i live in california and drive back n forth in the Bay Area from San Jose to Berkeley over to San Francisco. i wouldn't say it's much of a problem. it's way more enjoying on the open road, but it does fine even in the big city. great for taking a girl out in the city.. seeing the sky, the city, the ocean.. etc as i'm driving across the Bay Bridge is awesome.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:20 PM
LiLBri

icic....that's good
what about the other stuff? any features u guys feel that stand out, that u really like or dislike about the car?
Old 06-30-2002, 06:59 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally posted by LiLBri
icic....that's good
what about the other stuff? any features u guys feel that stand out, that u really like or dislike about the car?
I love the simplicity of the whole thing and the wail of the engine and the snick of the 6 speed...as I said, I don't own one so I can't comment on long term stuff. Probably the crappy radio for 00-01 models and the limited cargo space get to people. Anyway, take a test drive....you'll love it

:thumbup:
Old 06-30-2002, 10:55 PM
Scorpion SR

Originally posted by LiLBri
icic....that's good
I'm also 20 and I’m going to purchase one in about a week or so, and I've done my research hard core. Trunk space is a joke, unless you're only thinking about taking pencils and pens from your house down to your buddies up the street. Ride is unforgiving if you're not a racecar enthusiast. If you are, it's a tad on the soft side. Center console, well, there really isn't much "center" console. There is really only a Drivers console, which wraps around the area behind the steering wheel to where if both hands were on the wheel, all you would have to do to operate anything (radio, CD player, AC) is to extend your fingers never really leaving the steering wheel. The car was meant to be a driver’s car and Honda did a damn good job on that. The passenger? The passenger doesn't get 5hit. Maybe that fold down glove compartment that the driver has just as much access to. The ride? The ride is prolly one of the most amazing, and I have driven a crap load of cars. There is nothing in this price range that will deliver this type of all around performance. Sure, you can get something that goes from 0-60 better, but that would lack in everything that the S2000 excels. If driving in inner city, low revs, sooner shifts, perfect for grandma. Freeway driving is wonderful, later shifts, unmatched delivery of power mixed with balance making you feel "one" with the car... something 90 percent of the cars don't do, or try to, just don't do it as well as the S2000.

sorry for the long post! I hope it helps...
laaaaaaaaaaateeeeeeeeee
Old 07-01-2002, 06:50 PM
LiLBri

nono don't apologize, long posts are excellent!
longer the post = more i read = more i'll understand/learn = better decision making

yea so everything so far is for getting the car, thats good, but i guess it's gonna be a while for me =\ eek
Old 07-01-2002, 08:21 PM
iVTechie

Well my friend has had his s2000 for a few months now, he is 18 by the way. He is young, so he doesnt need much trunk space. He drives it just to college and around town, not a commuter. But i was following him to his house one night in the rain, and he wasnt goin but 40mph and he hit a puddle in an intersection and he spun out big time onto the side of the road (my jeep didnt feel a bit of hydroplane over this puddle by the way). Luckily he just went in some mud and we pushed it out. But this car sucks on wet and slick roads. But he loves to drive it everyday because he loves it so much. Loves the 9k redline. The engine start button is cool. I would think this should be a second car for someone and not an every day car. But its alright if your young, and never really have to be at work but 4 days of the week and can stay at home if its raining.
Old 07-02-2002, 05:31 AM
LiLBri

oh damn...thats kinda scary... is it cuz of the rear-wheel drive? i live in MD and i'd say we get a pretty good amount of rain each year, not to mention the snow in the winter time.... i doubt i'd be able to afford a 2nd car to drive on those days where the weather isn't too promising....hmmhmmhmmmmmm
Old 07-02-2002, 06:11 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

iVtec, thats because he can't drive. The s-02's on the S2K are designed not to hydroplane. I'm sure he felt something in the road (the puddle), panicked, and overcorrected his line.

Lilbri, thats not from RWD...thats from a kid who doesn't know how to handle his own car. On wet/slick roads of course it won't be as good because of the RWD, but it's not gonna freaking spin out every block if you know what you're doing.

Quick Reply: a few questions