Notices

a few questions

Old 07-02-2002, 06:41 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lil Bri I wouldn't get the car if you have to drive in the snow. I live in NY. My dad wanted to get the S2000 so badly. The thing is when he asked the honda techs about being able to drive it if he got stuck somewhere and it started to lightly snow and they said no way. This is a summer car and is not meant whatsoever to go in the snow. They said get another car to be the winter car. My dad wound up not getting the S2000 and bought a CL-Type S.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:35 AM
iLikeBeer

Wow you guys shouldn't be so swayed by Honda techs. That's just like asking will a corvette do well in the snow. Of course an SUV is going to do better than an S2000, but what do you expect? I feel safer in my S than I have in any other car I've ever owned, and it CAN take the snow.

For the guy who spunout on a puddle...that's a combination of lack of driving skills (he was probably going WAY too fast and trying to turn in the rain) and the fact that the car is RWD and light! This is not a car for amateurs.

Those of you who don't own an S shouldn't be replying on hear-say. You won't know what the real-world problems of this car are until you drive it. The only complaints I have about my car are the radio (which isn't bad, just doesn't go very loud), and the price. Even though I think it is too expensive, I love it, and every day I'm glad that I own it.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:13 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by iLikeBeer
Wow you guys shouldn't be so swayed by Honda techs. That's just like asking will a corvette do well in the snow. Of course an SUV is going to do better than an S2000, but what do you expect? I feel safer in my S than I have in any other car I've ever owned, and it CAN take the snow.

For the guy who spunout on a puddle...that's a combination of lack of driving skills (he was probably going WAY too fast and trying to turn in the rain) and the fact that the car is RWD and light! This is not a car for amateurs.

Those of you who don't own an S shouldn't be replying on hear-say. You won't know what the real-world problems of this car are until you drive it. The only complaints I have about my car are the radio (which isn't bad, just doesn't go very loud), and the price. Even though I think it is too expensive, I love it, and every day I'm glad that I own it.
how was it in the snow? were you able to get up hills and whatnot?

Last edited by BonzoAPD; 07-10-2002 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-02-2002, 12:05 PM
iLikeBeer

That sounded terrible man, you might want to edit your post.

Get up his what?
Old 07-03-2002, 07:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by iLikeBeer
That sounded terrible man, you might want to edit your post.

Get up his what?
LMAO :thumbup:
Old 07-07-2002, 12:07 AM
Scorpion SR

Originally posted by BonzoAPD

how was it in the snow? were you able to get up his and whatnot?
LOL, I really hope he doesn't reply to this post...
Old 07-09-2002, 08:07 PM
s2ktonv

how was it in the snow? were you able to get up his and whatnot?
:booty:
Old 07-10-2002, 06:20 AM
iVTechie

Originally posted by 02RSXTYPES
iVtec, thats because he can't drive. The s-02's on the S2K are designed not to hydroplane. I'm sure he felt something in the road (the puddle), panicked, and overcorrected his line.

Lilbri, thats not from RWD...thats from a kid who doesn't know how to handle his own car. On wet/slick roads of course it won't be as good because of the RWD, but it's not gonna freaking spin out every block if you know what you're doing.
id love to drive a car that doesnt hydroplane....they dont exist....no matter how good a traction control system you got, your car will still hydroplane

but he is inexperienced with small cars like his s2000, he used to drive a 96 yukon with 20 inch rims, and he would always go like 70 in pouring down rain without any problems in his yukon....but bottom line is, s2000 isnt my car of choice on rainy and slick roads....but it handles better than any other car ive driven on dry roads

oh yeah 02rsxtypes, what color is your car?? Type S is the best car ive owned and been able to afford. Arctic blue here
Old 07-10-2002, 07:48 AM
BonzoAPD

I have to admit that typo had me laughing my ass off just now. Here is what I meant to type:

How was it in the snow? were you able to get up hills and whatnot.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:21 AM
iLikeBeer

I have to admit that typo had me laughing my ass off just now. Here is what I meant to type:

How was it in the snow? were you able to get up hills and whatnot.
Very carefully and slowly. Of course you would be better off buying a 4runner, but for a compact sports car it made it through just fine.

Quick Reply: a few questions