Notices

Differences between S2000 Model Years

Old 11-14-2006, 07:39 PM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們! 粉腸+ 春袋

Default Differences between S2000 Model Years

MY00-01 and 02-03 Model Differences

There were changes to the ECU between the 00/01 and 02/03 MYs

MY00-01 plastic window replaced by a defrosted glass window that is slightly smaller; the new defrost button is opposite the cruise control on the right side and the shape of the cruise/defrosted changed. To accomodate the redesign of the window, the top frame was also slightly changed

Interior leather and plastic colour combinations s have been changed. Previously certain models came in red/black interiors, 02 models featured all red interiors and 03 models featured all blue interiors depending on region (Canada/USA)

A leather console cover replaces the carpet console cover.

Front sway bar reduced slightly in size

Doors saw the addition of silver accented tweeters, small storage pockets and silver accented door handles

Two posts to the floormats to increase security to the carpet

Increased size in Honda 'H' emblems on the exterior

Tachometer indicator line is now white and scale is accented with a solid white arc

The dead pedal is now aluminum with rubber grips to match the clutch, brake and gas pedals

Cupholder cover and little rectangular hole behind it are now textured plastic

A chrome ring has been added to the tail-lights.

Air conditioning and heating is argubaly more powerful, the second and third fan speeds are more effective

Stereo changed, upgraded wattage, now has bass/trebel/fade/balance controls on the exterior instead of one button. The stereo is also silver instead of black. The speakers in the door also changed, owners report the 02-03s sound much better

MY02 models have a leather console in the middle while MY00-01s have carpet. There is also standard accents (gunmetal like) around the controls.

Tweeters have been added to the doors. This slightly improves sound quality.

A chrome ring was added to the taillights.

MY00-03 and 04-05 Model Differences

Engine code changed from F20C to F22C1 to represent the increase in displacement from 2.0 litre to 2.2 litre size.

On MY04s: The cylinder bore is 87mm and stroke is 90.7mm with a 1:1.04 bore-stroke ratio. This results in more torque at lower rpms and improves driveability in daily situations. Whereas on MY00-03s, the cylinder bore is 87mm and the stroke is 84mm with a 1:0.98 bore/stroke ratio. Power is significant in the F20C after 6000 rpm whereas in the F22C, power is strong after 3000rpm.

Redline is now at 8000rpm instead of 9000rpm.

There is also a change in the gear ratios to offer stronger acceleration.

The exterior had significant changes: A revised front bumper, rear bumper design is lower to the ground with larger oval diameter dual exhaust tips.

Headlights revised to house a triple beam projector to replace the dual beam reflector design on the MY00-03.

Rear lamps are now triple lamp LED replacing the MY00-03's traditional dual lamp setup.

Larger wheels (upgraded to 17-inch from 16-inch) and tires provides a more aggressive apperance while increasing performance. Wheels are now twin-five spoke whereas MY00-03 was just five spoke.

Optimized rear toe settings, suspension bushings, body rigidity increased, brake pedal ridigity increased.

Curb weight increased to 2835 pounds, a 24 pound increase. Chassis upgrades to stiffen the car.

Significant interior changes to the tachometer:

Noticable change in door panels, they go inwards more to increase elbow room. The lower door pocket is now usable after an increase in size.

Visual change to the OEM stereo allowing the addition of XM Satellite Radio

Shift-knob is now accented with leather, shift boot is genuine leather

Revised steering wheel with increased 'H' emblem size, cruise control button also added to steering wheel controls (previously had two buttons)

Centre console upgraded with aluminum trim like look, can also hold two cups, one-touch sliding lid instead of lift lid
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
panel.jpg (26.0 KB, 347 views)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: