Notices

Water damage?

Old 09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
RKrzemien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water damage?

Hi i'm posting this for a buddy of mine who doesn't have access to the internet currently, however, here's the problem. There was a big storm last night here in chicago and my buddy drove through a huge ass puddle (only god knows why...) with his S2000, obviously the car shut off on him and he had to push it out of the puddle, took him about 2 hours to restart the car and it ran ok, a lot of smoke from the exhaust from the water that got in there and such.... however now, the car after being dried out has a "gurgling sound" when accelerating in 3rd and 4th gear (and only in those gears), just wanted to know if any one knows what the problem is before I take his S2000 apart.. thanks
Old 09-24-2006, 09:41 AM
stratguitarist
Missing my honda...

pull the plugs, coils, pgm and drain plug on the pan....run some oil through and let it drain out a couple of times and then see what happens.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:28 AM
shivers
Moderator Alumni

Keep in mind that he may have bent some valves or damaged other engine internals. Sometimes the car may run ok, but you don't really see the damage until you get in there and look around.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:58 PM
RKrzemien

"pull the plugs, coils, pgm and drain plug on the pan....run some oil through and let it drain out a couple of times," I did that as soon as he got the car to me, so the funny gurgling sound was after the replacement of the plugs, coils, pgm, and oil.... can it be somethgin with the trans? as there is no more water in the exhaust anywhere...