Notices

g35 or rsx?

Old 10-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 91Teg
I'd rather have a Z than an EVO. Just remember it's a suped up 12k car.

this is the evolution 8 you are talkin about. go dig out some history about the evolution series, it is not a suped up 12k car. It has been used in the World Rally Championship for many years.
Old 10-12-2003, 08:54 AM
91Teg

I know it has, but from what I have heard the only nice thing in that car is the engine and AWD, and for some that is fine, but if Im gonna spend 30k for a car I want it to have a nicer interior than a 12k sh*tbox.
Old 10-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by 91Teg
I know it has, but from what I have heard the only nice thing in that car is the engine and AWD, and for some that is fine, but if Im gonna spend 30k for a car I want it to have a nicer interior than a 12k sh*tbox.

true, the EVO and STi have had shiitty interior through every generations.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:08 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by Nein
this is the evolution 8 you are talkin about. go dig out some history about the evolution series, it is not a suped up 12k car. It has been used in the World Rally Championship for many years.
91teg is basically right. But so are you Nein. Its basically a $12k car with a souped up 4g63, a very old motor. What you'd be driving is a souped up Lancer OZ RALLY EDITION, with an Eclipse turbo motor in it, AWD and a factory front-mount...yes still nothin special I have to agree.

But Nein you have a good point. The Evo series has been proven thru and thru, especially in rally. Only recently with the EVO VI, VII, VIII has it come a bit more into street and track. But I would hate to know I paid $32k for the same engine I could find in a 96 GS-T or GSX eclipse. Interior aside, I would have chosen the STI...I'm a performance freak, I need not a luxery interior or a stereo when the RPM's are at 6k and you can't hear anything but the engine anyway...h:
Old 10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
ducky

350z
Old 10-12-2003, 09:41 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by honda_pilot
91teg is basically right. But so are you Nein. Its basically a $12k car with a souped up 4g63, a very old motor. What you'd be driving is a souped up Lancer OZ RALLY EDITION, with an Eclipse turbo motor in it, AWD and a factory front-mount...yes still nothin special I have to agree.

But Nein you have a good point. The Evo series has been proven thru and thru, especially in rally. Only recently with the EVO VI, VII, VIII has it come a bit more into street and track. But I would hate to know I paid $32k for the same engine I could find in a 96 GS-T or GSX eclipse. Interior aside, I would have chosen the STI...I'm a performance freak, I need not a luxery interior or a stereo when the RPM's are at 6k and you can't hear anything but the engine anyway...h:

one reason I wouldn't agree it's a souped up $12k Lancer OZ RALLY EDITION is because Evo series came out long before this stupid OZ lancer shiet. you can say the OZ lancer is a down grade of the Lan EVO but not the other way around.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:47 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

G35 coupe has a 14" longer wheelbase than the 350Z, that's how they got the back seat into it. We are looking at it because we need a space for our dog to ride and she won't fit into the 350Z or the S2000, both of which my wife and I want. To those who think that a dog riding on the leather seats is blasphemy, I say it's our car not yours. Just can't help ourselves when it comes to dogs.....I like big dogs as pets. This is her 10 days less than 5 MONTHS old:
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-13-2003, 12:12 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Nein: you make a point I was simply refering to the basic body structure of the EVO. Even though the EVO VII shared more similar body lines than the VIII, it looks similar.

OLDMAN: I completely agree with you. Dog hair can be cleaned up but the lack of the companionship that a dog brings, for most dog lubers, cannot be missed. I love dogs especially bigger ones. So knowing we share somewhat the same love for our bigger best friends...I'm assuming also you do not like small dogs and especially cats...thats the case with me at least.
Old 10-13-2003, 12:30 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Nein: you make a point I was simply refering to the basic body structure of the EVO. Even though the EVO VII shared more similar body lines than the VIII, it looks similar.

OLDMAN: I completely agree with you. Dog hair can be cleaned up but the lack of the companionship that a dog brings, for most dog lubers, cannot be missed. I love dogs especially bigger ones. So knowing we share somewhat the same love for our bigger best friends...I'm assuming also you do not like small dogs and especially cats...thats the case with me at least.
No don't mind small dogs, as long as they are someone else's. Our son and his girlfriend have West Highland Terrier, she's a nice little dog with a severe Napolean complex. We also have a cat the the two take turns chasing one another. It's really funny to watch a 60# puppy being chased by a 14# cat, but then the tables turn and the dog chases the cat, goes on all day.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 10-14-2003, 03:58 AM
Nein
Racing Spirit

yea I think there was a Lancer GSR model long ago, and they were basically like the OZ Lancer vs Lan EVO 7. altho the GSR wasn't this pitiful.

taking your dog on your ride is cool, i personally prefer cats but u can't bring them around like dogs.