Notices

k24???

Old 09-17-2003, 09:37 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k24???

I read a small article in Super Street about a guy who blew up his rsx motor. He was asking about the k24 block with k20a head. They said that skunk2 and another company (I can't remember which) were doing one. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

SKOOIE!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 09:50 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

i think someone on h-t has this swap in there 02+ civic si :thinking:
Old 09-18-2003, 07:49 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Yes, I read that same article as well as hearing and reading about it elsewhere. The block from a CRV is mated with a Type-S Vtec head, its like the "K-series frankenstein"

Somewhere on Honda-Tech was mentioned that the characteristics of the engine are similar to the TSX.

I don't know yet how beneficial this conversion is, or if its worth the money...haven't been sold on the frankenstein setup as of yet... I believe it still only yeilds around 200hp with more torque....

again, if I'm wrong please correct me this is just what I've heard as of recent.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:57 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

With FI that would be sick.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 10:46 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Yes, that would certainly be an advantage of the conversion. Much more torque and .4L more of displacement would equal one potent "sleeper" type S.

But with that route for FI, thats added cost to the already high price of doing this frankenstein. If you've got the money I'm sure one would be extremely pleased with this setup. It simply has to gain more interest and b4 we know it, people are going to be threading all over the place the potency of this combo.

For more info import-tooner check out Honda-Tech.com if you're not already a registered member. A couple of guys on that site have that conversion.

Peace.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:41 PM
PerfectSeoul

I've read before on this board and others that the K24 in N/A has limited ability to produce more than its current output in the TSX. The only thing its able to do is produce more torque, can anyone explain why that is? I know that back in February I trolled some boards and people were saying the TSX couldn't have more than 240hp ~ or so for some reason due to the limitations of the engine.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:16 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by PerfectSeoul
I've read before on this board and others that the K24 in N/A has limited ability to produce more than its current output in the TSX. The only thing its able to do is produce more torque, can anyone explain why that is? I know that back in February I trolled some boards and people were saying the TSX couldn't have more than 240hp ~ or so for some reason due to the limitations of the engine.

Umm...yeah, I said that thanks. And why that is...? IDK, if I did I guess I would have posted it in my first reply.

p.s. Don't mean to sound like a dick if thats the way I'm coming off.
Old 09-21-2003, 01:44 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Default more on the k24 swaps...

Here you go import-tooner:

This guy has got a stock k24 out of a CRV, not frankensteined or anything...well you could read for yourself...

k24 info...