Notices

Upgrade advice

Old 07-02-2003, 11:45 AM
MattsRSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade advice

OK i just ditched my A4 1.8T and picked up my Artic blue pearl 2003 RSX Type S a few days ago. I love it, what a sports car. Any advice on good upgrades and tuning companies? I wanna smoke some mustangs. :-)
Old 07-02-2003, 03:26 PM
blackandred

Jackson Racing supercharger or Cybernation turbo kit - if you have that kind of money and want big gains. Otherwise you might want to just chip away at the smaller bolt on mods like an intake or an exhaust. Consider AEM, Tanabe, Comptech, Spoon, Fujitsubo, DC Sports, Injen, 5Zigen, and others.
Old 07-02-2003, 10:58 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

I wold stick with all comptech exhaust and if you are going with lowering springs then comptech for sure. I have comptech springs and they rock. I have had 7 modded hondas and comptech springs have been the best riding so far. Oh... and you can just change your tires and smoke a mustang. (their ghey)
Late

SKOOIE!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Here is some advice from a "Mustang GUY" for your modifications. If you're stock and the Mustang GT is stock you'd better be a good driver if you think you're gonna beat one in a flat out 0-60 or 1/4 mile race - the reason is torque....make sense? I'm not being a dick I'm trying to help you here. My reccomendations are for modifications to boost your torque (I'm not sure what they are for your RSX). The type S has good numbers for horsepower but you're weak on torque compared to the stock Stang. It WILL hurt you if you road race and race up hill. Simply changing your tires will NOT allow you to wipe the floor with a Stang - that is the honest truth. Once you are ready to race be careful what you try to bite off......if the Mustang has many bolt on modifications or a supercharger good luck catching it. There are 4.6 liters out there putting out between 700-1000hp and they "look" normal. Also a popular motor Stangs are running is a 427 stroker - try to race one of those you're in for a serious ass kicking - you can't make the RSX touch it no matter what you do to it. They don't call it the 427 "Smoker" for nothing. Other than those cars to watch out for, with a few modifications you will be running close with the stock GT's and beating them.....but don't expect to wipe the floor with anyone. I know you guys will all hate me for saying this but I test drove a Type S and Mustang and I bought a Mustang because it had more power and more potential for midifications.
Old 07-03-2003, 03:54 PM
Fast-Ford

Just another thought here......what about your gear ratio? Is it an easy change in the Honda Cars? What us Ford guys do a lot of times as well is put the power we already have on the ground better with better rear end gears or the Cobra 6 speed transmission. Better gear ratios are a good upgrade for any car and it makes a big difference.
Old 07-03-2003, 06:45 PM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

yes, you can get the jdm final gear drive and add a limited slip differential. They rock. I have one in my civic and one in my integra..

SKOOIE!!!
Old 07-04-2003, 02:12 PM
Fast-Ford

The Stock GT has TCS traction control and let me tell you.....man does it ever hook up!! It is essential to have the limited slip differential if it doesn't come as stock equipment. Add that final drive gear to the RSX and I'd say you're gonna notice a good difference. Congrats on your new ride!!