Notices

Slight bell/metallic clanking???? HELP!

Old 06-19-2003, 09:35 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slight bell/metallic clanking???? HELP!

Ok guys, I was driving Jens RSX on Tuesday morning and when starting out really slow with little RPM in first, I could hear often times a slight rattle or metallic clanking noise from under the car. Has anyone else heard such a noise from under their RSX?

I mean its not bad or anything you really have to start out real slow in 1st to hear it so its nothing major, I hope. I was thinking maybe the heat shield from the catalytic convertor?? :dunno:

Please any help or suggestions on what it could be would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BTW: 11, 750 miles on it if that helps...
Old 06-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Nein
Racing Spirit

do u hear the sound if the car is not in motion, like if you just rev a little? does it have any mods on the car, like header, exhaust or sway bar? check the heat shields first
Old 06-19-2003, 11:41 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

I was going to say check the heatshields as well.

duck squad member #00003
Old 06-20-2003, 12:47 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

I was thinking the heatshield. No it has no mods whatsoever. I don't really feel like messing with the car myself when the dealer can check it. At the dealership her RSX goes to they treat us very well. She needs her tires rotated and oil changed within a week or so. I plan on going so I can address the problem personally and speak with the service manager. Thanks guys, I hope its nothing serious and it doesn't sound to be...

Peace.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:16 PM
RSXoholic
the anti-rice

actually ive been wondering about this too. since i put motor mount inserts on ive had a constant rattleing which is real bad around 1500 rpm but seems to always be there. i was thinking it was the heat shield from the headers but i tried pushing something against it and the rattle didnt stop. so im assuming its probably the heat shield for the cat? right?
Old 06-28-2003, 10:48 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Only thing is theres been absolutely NO modification to Jens RSX of any sort. The rattle seems to have worked itself out of a factory installed part of the vehicle. We're going to the dealer soon to get her mirror fixed so I'll just simply tell them to check it and fix it...thanks for the responses though guys.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:27 PM
Sirpopealot
All Around Swell Guy

was there any resolution to this?
Old 07-20-2003, 09:43 PM
K i o n
TrackDemon

DUDE, i've started to hear an annoying ass clinking sound from the right side of my car too, very very faint, almost like a few coins jingling together (searched my car up and down, haven't found loose change that'd cause it)

maybe i left a socket in my spare well or something, will check that again later, i kept thinking it was probably a metal bumper clip that must have lost a screw and is now dangling, and i found two, took em both out, still keeps making that damn sound...

i only hear it when i go over even the slightest of bumps
Old 07-22-2003, 08:17 PM
K i o n
TrackDemon

well i found out what my problem was, the radiator (or condenser, whichever is in front ) is missing a passenger-side bolt... my car's modified, but i have NEVER messed with this part, so i have no idea how it may have popped out, but everytime my car goes over the slightest of bumps it makes a lil clinging sound against the frame and annoys the **** outta me, hopefully ill get a replacement once i roll around for my service (for now ive ghetto-rigged it by cushioning it with some electrical tape, hehe)
Old 07-23-2003, 02:22 AM
vanbells

Originally posted by K i o n
well i found out what my problem was, the radiator (or condenser, whichever is in front ) is missing a passenger-side bolt... my car's modified, but i have NEVER messed with this part, so i have no idea how it may have popped out, but everytime my car goes over the slightest of bumps it makes a lil clinging sound against the frame and annoys the **** outta me, hopefully ill get a replacement once i roll around for my service (for now ive ghetto-rigged it by cushioning it with some electrical tape, hehe)

Trying putting a plastic bag over it.