Notices

Everybody using 87 octane in their base RSX?

Old 06-19-2003, 05:23 AM
JiggaFan
PIMP-strollin' on 'em!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
It's an acronym. VTEC. Variable valve Timing with lift Electronic Control. Not some stupid made up think like i-FORCE or Duratec or ZeTec of D-TECH.
my bad. had i typed it out myself, i would've probably stated it corectly as VTEC. but dude mentioned it first as v-tec so I subconciously repeated the same mistake in my post.

hell, i won't make that mistake again.

so what the hell is this damn i-VTEC stamped on the RSX cylinder head?

As for the dealership, they overnighted an 02 sensor. They claim it was bad. Since the 02 sensor is down on the cat, I imagine that could have something to do with the dirty exhaust tip.

Also, they checked the PFM computer or some shiit and was able to see when the car stalled on her under what conditions. Damn thing stalled on her two times one day going about 35 mph.

They were also able to tell her "you drive this thing hard, don't you?"
Old 06-19-2003, 09:08 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

The i stands for intelligent. The ECU is a bit of a tattletale, from my understanding.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 06-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Nein
Racing Spirit

hahaha yea most of ECU out there are recording things ppl aren't aware of. in some cases it can be used as evidence. keep us posted