Notices

Yet another turbo question

Old 04-17-2003, 04:13 AM
Dragn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another turbo question

Iam looking at getting a 2003 Honda integra type r (i live in australia) and i heard they have the same engines as the rsx. i just wanted to know for all the people out there who have a turbo rsx, if there any special things you have to do to the engine (iam not sure if a turbo would **** around with the vtec). Iam hopeing to get 10 psi on the street and about a maximum of 20. I have heard so many people say that its almost impossible to do. Any help would be appreciated. I have about i have enough money to get a decent turbo kit, and still have money left over for forged pistons, con-rods, fuel injected and stuff. Thanx
Old 04-17-2003, 10:41 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

You would have to build your motor to even run 10 lbs. And the motors are different. The ITR motor has more compression, different cams, and I think the intake porting is a little bigger. You could probably run 7lbs around town and if you wanted to bump it up to race, you might be able to get it at 11lbs. I wouldn't recomend it without a thicker head gasket, and hondata ecu. I would want my fuel curve to be exact if I was going with that kind of boost. You should look into the turbo's alot more if you are thinking of doing this.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 10:27 AM
RSXoholic
the anti-rice

there is one guy on clubrsx who has been running 14 psi with a lot of work done to the car. hes got the highest boosted car right now. and its not a daily driver.
Old 04-19-2003, 09:50 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

14psi? Frick. I wonder what else he has...

SKOOIE!!!