Notices

Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Old 02-22-2003, 05:52 PM
jasonh1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Please list any flaws or bad points about the RSX.
Anything you wish you'd done differently when you bought yours?
eg. different trim level.
Old 02-22-2003, 06:45 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

We have a TypeS got it on the 7 of July of 2001. Only had a minor problem early on that was taken care of by the dealer, broken O2 sensor.
Depending on your needs for music appreciation the bose system leaves something to be desired.
Took the only trim available in the TypeS. Should have changed the tires right off the dealer lot, and gone with a 225/50/R16 UHP tire and a set of Snows for the winter.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 02-23-2003, 01:31 PM
ur31337
Colby

When I test drove one, I didn't like the fact it didn't have an armrest. Other than that, I loved it.

I've test driven the base model 5-spd & the Type-S. I think they've made a better car than the Integra we know.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:57 PM
jasonh1234

Originally posted by ur31337
When I test drove one, I didn't like the fact it didn't have an armrest. Other than that, I loved it.

I've test driven the base model 5-spd & the Type-S. I think they've made a better car than the Integra we know.
You mean in between the seats? Yeah I suppose that might take some getting used to coming from owning an Accord.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:59 PM
jasonh1234

Looks like it'd be difficult to upgrade the stereo. Are there double din "plates" available?
Old 02-23-2003, 03:40 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

My g/f bought her RSX-S approximately 2 months ago. Has 3100 miles on it with no problems to speak of....yet. But all I've heard is that its a reliable car, hey its a Honda.

I agree with the armrest issue, there definately should be one there. It'd be nice to rest your right elbow on while holding the shifter.

The tires she got with it are still on, I guess they leave room to the imagination pertaining to handling, but we've had one of the worst winters in a couple of years around here and we have not had a problem driving in snow once.

The BOSE sound system is ehh, there is a direct replacement plate to put in an aftermarket deck in, as OLDMAN can contest to as well.

Good luck, I recommend the RSX-S to anybody looking for a much more refined Integra with more low-end torque.
Old 02-23-2003, 08:45 PM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

I really want an RSX-S now... Wish I could afford it.
Old 02-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Bo_Vien

Default Re: Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Originally posted by jasonh1234
Please list any flaws or bad points about the RSX.
Anything you wish you'd done differently when you bought yours?
eg. different trim level.
List of flaws
1. Stock tires weren't that great so I replaced them with some stickier tires.
2. 2nd gear notchiness - not that big of a deal, except in very cold weather where it's very noticeable. But by spending an extra 1/2 second shifting into 2nd, the notchiness can barely be felt. Mind you, this is different from the 2nd gear grind that a few RSX owners are complaining of.
3. BOSE blows - cliche for sure, but it's true. I'm not an audiophile or anything, but the subwoofer is pretty weak. Got a Basslink to take care of that.
4. Finally, this car begs to be modded. I started with a CAI and that extra uumph and the wailing VTEC made me crave for more. Then came the Hondata upgrade, and now the car was starting to really open up. I broke down and got an aftermarket exhaust, so the car now rumbles. And then came... blah, blah, blah.

This car's a blast straight off of the lot, but there's so much that can be improved. Would I do anything differently? I have to admit, the money I spent on all the aforementioned upgrades would have netted better results with a turbo-charged car. My next car will hopefully come with one of those snail-shaped doodads. :naughty: :thumbup:
Old 02-23-2003, 10:16 PM
jasonh1234

Default Re: Re: Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Originally posted by Bo_Vien
I have to admit, the money I spent on all the aforementioned upgrades would have netted better results with a turbo-charged car. My next car will hopefully come with one of those snail-shaped doodads.
Any reason why an RSX couldn't be turbocharged?
Old 02-23-2003, 11:33 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

Originally posted by jasonh1234
Looks like it'd be difficult to upgrade the stereo. Are there double din "plates" available?
No worries dawg, upgrades easily. They make dash kits for it, and the Bose system does not have to be rewired like the bose's of old. I have a screen with my stock bose system, works great, and i dont have to upgrade speakers ( knock on wood ). The car is great, and the armrest tihngy, dont trip, u'll wanna keep ur hands on that great small steering wheel or on the shifter. I love this car, and the mod response is sooooooo great. :thumbup: Oh I'll have pics of of my new goodies, minus the screen, its in service right now.