Notices

Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Old 02-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Bo_Vien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: Considering buying an RSX (Need opinions from owners)

Originally posted by jasonh1234
Any reason why an RSX couldn't be turbocharged?
Of course the RSX can be TCed. There are a few individuals who have already done it. Check out http://www.cybernationmotorsports.com/ or http://www.revhard.com/main.html

But the question is, how long will their engines last? Sure, you can prep your engine for turbocharging... upgrade rods and pistons, get set up with the proper fuel management, etc, but you have to wonder if a car that comes from the factory as naturally-aspirated with a very high compression will tolerate forced induction for a long time.

You know what? Make this another flaw. The RSX should have come with a snail-shaped doohickey. At SEMA this year, Honda displayed a 230hp Civic Si Concept car with a Greddy turbo-charger, intercooler, etc. Now, if only Honda would actually release such a car to the public.
Old 02-24-2003, 12:20 AM
Sheet One

I would say the only real complaints i have is that the volume output from the stereo is weak, and you need to be careful about doing burnouts with cd's playing, I put some swirly marks on a couple cd's from that (luckily they were only burned copies of the originals). it would have been nice to have HID Headlamps as a standard offering (or even an option). A heated seat option would have been sweet. Lastly, I wish they could have let you choose the color interior. Other than that, it's a great car, and the chicks dig it.
Old 02-24-2003, 09:52 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Buy one! just make sure you have music so you cant hear the rattles in the dash. oh, I lowered mine with comptech springs and it makes a little poping noise in the front. I guess it only happnes to some of them but it kinda sucks. For the most part I love the car.

SKOOIE!!!
Old 02-24-2003, 02:06 PM
ur31337
Colby

If the comptech springs are dealer installed, you get factory warranty. The dash rattle would then be covered.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:51 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Regarding the turbo issue, I don't think that Honda will ever have a car with forced-inductin direct from the factory. It completely goes against everything that Honda stands for; which would be fuel economy. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, although I could be wrong.

I personally love Chase's RSX. I've driven it a couple of times and I love the short shifts. The right rear quarter panel has a little rattle as well, as does my other friends RSX-S, so I think that it is pretty common.

Overall I think that it is a great car and I am personally looking into it as my next car as well .

duck squad member #00003
Old 02-24-2003, 04:55 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 94civicEX
Regarding the turbo issue, I don't think that Honda will ever have a car with forced-inductin direct from the factory. It completely goes against everything that Honda stands for; which would be fuel economy. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense, although I could be wrong.
You're absolutely right, except Honda stands for more than fuel economy, i.e. doing less with more, making a reliable car that has good performance, helping the environment, etc. That's the same reaosn they'll never build a V8. They do have a few turbo cars in JDMland though...but they're all of tiny displacement.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:58 PM
94civicEX
I got worms.

Originally posted by 98CoupeV6
You're absolutely right, except Honda stands for more than fuel economy, i.e. doing less with more, making a reliable car that has good performance, helping the environment, etc. That's the same reaosn they'll never build a V8. They do have a few turbo cars in JDMland though...but they're all of tiny displacement.
I agree on the "doing less with more" etc. I don't know if it is still, but take for example the S2000, that car has the most hp/liter of any production car on the market. 120hp/liter, so once again I don't see that happening anytime soon.

duck squad member #00003
Old 02-25-2003, 06:10 PM
itsmeek

i've had no probs with mine, i love it. only thing that i wish was better is 1. the tires and 2. the stereo sucks, it's way over rated.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:03 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by ur31337
If the comptech springs are dealer installed, you get factory warranty. The dash rattle would then be covered.
do all dealerships do aftermarket comptech installs?
Old 02-26-2003, 09:14 AM
ur31337
Colby

No, but it's REAL easy to initiate.

I called Comptech to find out how, because the local dealer is trying to hire me for sales. I found out that any Honda/Acura dealer just has to call Comptech with their official dealer # and they can hold a 30-day balance.

I approached Lou (the gm at the dealer) with the idea, he loved it. I also spoke with the parts & service managers, pitched the idea to them. I even ordered an icebox so they could see the quality and ease of installation.

They can order whatever they want from Comptech and will install anything you bring into them now too. I think I let them know there's a market for that around here, and they're missing out.

Haha, if all else fails, my dealer is only 2 hrs away from you.