Notices

Anyone go from a GSR to an RSX?

Old 02-11-2003, 09:49 AM
BonzoAPD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone go from a GSR to an RSX?

Which car do you like better? Are you happy with your decision to get an RSX?
Old 02-11-2003, 09:52 AM
94civicEX
I got worms.

import-tooner did, I'm sure he'll go off about it. His Geeser was pretty quick too, I know I miss it .

duck squad member #00003
Old 02-11-2003, 10:04 AM
ur31337
Colby

Well, take my input for what it's worth, here's my experience:

I bought an LS in July 01, test drove both base & Type S model RSXs. The base felt like a cushier LS, wasn't a fan. The S was REAL nice though, although it felt detached. I was going fast, handling nice & all, but it didn't FEEL as fast.

I had a deposit on an RSX-S, but didn't want to wait 4 months and pay almost $500/mo.

Go to a dealer, test drive one thoroughly. Take it through twisties, on the highway, keep it out as long as possible.

After driving a handful of GSRs now, stock & otherwise, I'd like to drive an RSXS again.

My vote goes for the GSR
Old 02-11-2003, 10:08 AM
BonzoAPD

Originally posted by ur31337
Well, take my input for what it's worth, here's my experience:

I bought an LS in July 01, test drove both base & Type S model RSXs. The base felt like a cushier LS, wasn't a fan. The S was REAL nice though, although it felt detached. I was going fast, handling nice & all, but it didn't FEEL as fast.

I had a deposit on an RSX-S, but didn't want to wait 4 months and pay almost $500/mo.

Go to a dealer, test drive one thoroughly. Take it through twisties, on the highway, keep it out as long as possible.

After driving a handful of GSRs now, stock & otherwise, I'd like to drive an RSXS again.

My vote goes for the GSR
Thanks for your input. I have driven the base model as well as the Type-S. I am not planning on getting one. If I was planning on getting a new car I would get a CL Type-S. I am just wondering what people who switched over think about their decision. When I bought my GSR, it was a week before the RSX's came out and I got one hell of a deal so they could make room for them. I am very happy with my decision.
Old 02-11-2003, 10:23 AM
Import-Tooner
skoooooie!

Originally posted by 94civicEX
import-tooner did, I'm sure he'll go off about it. His Geeser was pretty quick too, I know I miss it .
I had a 99 gsr lowered with eibach springs and Kyb adjustable struts. It could out handle anything. as far as I am concerned. I had a Aem cai and JG 4-2-1 header (speny) Msd cap, coil, and plug wires. I could go on and on but to say the least it was really cool. I wish I would have got more money out of it but what do you expect from a trade-in. (im not telling how much I got) Anyway, I love my rsx. :woowoo: It pulls harder on the bottom, it rides better lowered, it is nicer in styling inside and out. I don't think it was as fast as the gsr but all it has is injen sri and a muffler. Other than the whole money issue, I would go from a gsr to a type-s any day of the week. maybe not tuesday but other than that. :thumbup:

SKOOIE!!!
Old 02-11-2003, 01:35 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Had a 96 GSR that we traded in for a 99 GSR that we traded in for RSXtypeS. There are some things that we liked better in the GSR, but overall the RSXtypeS is a much better car. Performance, noise, COMFORT. We took the 99 GSR from Ann Arbor to Halifax Nova Scotia, with an 85# Lab and all our stuff for an 11 day trip (4000 miles). Took the RSXtypeS to Alliston Ontario last summer for a driving meet (Tame the Angry Salamander) with 14 S2000's and 4 RSXtypeS's. Racing down the twisties with the S2K's was a blast, and the guys were from the area and drove the roads all the time. Didn't hold anyone up as the second car in the queue. We probably put on about a 1000 miles that weekend, there and back and driving around.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 02-11-2003, 05:14 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally posted by OLDMAN
Had a 96 GSR that we traded in for a 99 GSR that we traded in for RSXtypeS. There are some things that we liked better in the GSR, but overall the RSXtypeS is a much better car. Performance, noise, COMFORT. We took the 99 GSR from Ann Arbor to Halifax Nova Scotia, with an 85# Lab and all our stuff for an 11 day trip (4000 miles). Took the RSXtypeS to Alliston Ontario last summer for a driving meet (Tame the Angry Salamander) with 14 S2000's and 4 RSXtypeS's. Racing down the twisties with the S2K's was a blast, and the guys were from the area and drove the roads all the time. Didn't hold anyone up as the second car in the queue. We probably put on about a 1000 miles that weekend, there and back and driving around.
Holy chit! That sounds like hella fun. Was the road designated and blocked off, or did you just pick a back road without a lot of traffic. Man, wish people organized stuff like that around here. We have a lot of windy and exhilerating back roads to drive on. Just not enough nice cars around, or people that would be willing, other than riceboys who are practically ready to die showing off in their POS's.
Old 02-14-2003, 07:03 PM
NSBTypeS
MMM MMM Bitch

I never wanted a RSXS, always wanted a GSR. When I drove one my 2nd time out I was hooked and still am. But hey, if I never wouldve driven a RSXS, I woulda been happy with a GSR, or even an LS. I just love integras.

I think its a tie, both cars are wonderful and fun to drive.
Old 02-15-2003, 11:05 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Originally posted by honda_pilot
Holy chit! That sounds like hella fun. Was the road designated and blocked off, or did you just pick a back road without a lot of traffic. Man, wish people organized stuff like that around here. We have a lot of windy and exhilerating back roads to drive on. Just not enough nice cars around, or people that would be willing, other than riceboys who are practically ready to die showing off in their POS's.
We were driving on back roads, and our one rule was no passing. Most of us had FRS radios and could talk back and forth. The lead cars would alert all the other about oncoming traffic. Whenever we got into a village or town we would OBEY the SPEED LIMITS, and we also went on a local brewery tour. Did some parking lot pictures of all the cars. All it took was a couple of dedicated locals that organized the run. Most of the RSX meets that I have seen or heard about have been mostly parking lot sitting and looking at cars. No fun for this OLD MAN, or his wife.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 02-17-2003, 07:32 PM
Sheet One

In japan it's still known as Integra so technically owning an RSX is owning an Integra