Notices

Please Help!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
#1RsX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help!

:hsughr:I have a 02 Rsx base model. I had a aftermarket alarm installed because when i bought the car they lost the factory remote. anyway the driver door does not lock when i set my alarm the passenger door and hatch lock but not the drivers. so i have to lock the driver side door with the key. when i set my alarm everything is fine then when i turn the alarm oof using my remote to unlock the door the factory alarm goes off (the horn). i have to unlock the driver door with the key to turn it off. i was just wondering if anybody knew if i could cuy the factory alarm out sorry if this post is messed up i been drinkin lol.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:37 PM
cruzalekz

you need to change the actuator in the driver side.
as for the alarm, thats gonna be hard to take care of if you dont have a wiring diagram.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:52 PM
xXTidusXx
Honda Love

Originally Posted by #1RsX
:hsughr:I have a 02 Rsx base model. I had a aftermarket alarm installed because when i bought the car they lost the factory remote. anyway the driver door does not lock when i set my alarm the passenger door and hatch lock but not the drivers. so i have to lock the driver side door with the key. when i set my alarm everything is fine then when i turn the alarm oof using my remote to unlock the door the factory alarm goes off (the horn). i have to unlock the driver door with the key to turn it off. i was just wondering if anybody knew if i could cuy the factory alarm out sorry if this post is messed up i been drinkin lol.
I would return it to factory personally. In your situation not locking the doors is a huge issue especially based on your location that could put you in a position you really dont want (damage/stolen/etc to the RSX). If your seeking extra security I would pursue a location of a Low-Jack dealer and have it installed for the Insurance reduction and the security if you are feeling that way