Notices

RSX Intake question

Old 11-27-2002, 09:57 PM
velfarretokyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX Intake question

Just finished this month's Honda Tuning where they compared 8 different intake systems, Cold-air system and Short ram. I know the diff. is that short ram is an "under the hood" system while the cold-air system has the filter outside of the engine bay. How do I interpret this exactly??? Does this mean that the cold-air system does not fit "under the hood" and must be located externally, say by drilling a hole in the hood (which I have seen before). Basically my question is, if I get a cold-air system (such as an AEM or Injen) can I just install it under my hood and be ready to go? The pictures in Honda Tuning were vague, it looked like the cold-air system didnt fit under the hood and a hole would have to be drilled! Can anyone explain this?
Old 11-28-2002, 12:44 AM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Default Re: RSX Intake question

Originally posted by velfarretokyo
Just finished this month's Honda Tuning where they compared 8 different intake systems, Cold-air system and Short ram. I know the diff. is that short ram is an "under the hood" system while the cold-air system has the filter outside of the engine bay. How do I interpret this exactly??? Does this mean that the cold-air system does not fit "under the hood" and must be located externally, say by drilling a hole in the hood (which I have seen before). Basically my question is, if I get a cold-air system (such as an AEM or Injen) can I just install it under my hood and be ready to go? The pictures in Honda Tuning were vague, it looked like the cold-air system didnt fit under the hood and a hole would have to be drilled! Can anyone explain this?

...........does anyone know an AEM intake system that hang outside/on top of the hood?

ok what they did in the mag was just for test. They didn't exactly install the Cold air intake (CAI) in the direction where they should..... (so you can forget what they look like in the mag pics) CAI will go underneath, I think under the battery? (I have a CAI here in my room havn't install yet hehe) The filter should go behind the stock fog light mount. You'd have to relocate the windshield bottle.

somebody correct me if I made any mistake.
Old 11-28-2002, 05:13 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

The AEM CAI needs to have the water-bottle relocated for the windshield washer, The tube then extends down into the cavity and goes in behind the front bumper, (bumper removal highly suggested) so the filter is behind the fog light opening.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 11-28-2002, 11:21 AM
velfarretokyo

Good point hehe. Thanks for the clarification.