Notices

Should I buy an RSX Type S??

Old 11-22-2002, 01:27 PM
AMCbimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I buy an RSX Type S??

I have read a lot about this grinding gear stuff and I am getting rid of my integra because I have too many repair bills. I don't want to have gears going out on me and stuff. I don't want to have to deal with dealership bull****. grinding gear stuff
Old 11-22-2002, 02:11 PM
RSXoholic
the anti-rice

if you get one now you wont have to deal with the gear grinding. it was only in the first few batches of rsxs made. and some didnt even have that problem. mine is technically from one of those batches but i havent had any grinding.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:16 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

Yeah go ahead and buy a typeS. We have one of the earliest VIN ended in 001xxx, took it off the lot on the 7th of Jul 2001. Never noticed any grinding only a slight notchiness between 1st and 2nd gears. Didn't really notice it until everybody and their brother started complaining about a grind. Didn't pay much attention to that because there really isn't much that can be done about it, some of it is because of the small size of the transmission housing and some of it because of the 6 speed. It hasn't been detrimental to the performance of the car and goes away once it is warmed up.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

LUNCH with THEOLDMAN...On a break for now...
Old 11-22-2002, 02:21 PM
AMCbimmer

I am kind of a fast driver per say. I just don't want to be blamed by Acura for the gears grinding even though I know how to drive manual very well. I have read on RSXworld.com that people with 2003 are having some problems with grinding and notchiness. I was thinking about just getting a TL or CL. I just don't want to buy a car and the dealer has it more than I do.
Old 11-22-2002, 02:51 PM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I'm no slouch when it comes to driving, it's easy for me to go triple digits and not even think about it. My wife and I won't drive anything but a stick. Personally I think most of the people that are complaining have done something to the transmission be it speed shifting or power shifting, or mis-shift and they see this as an easy way of getting their mistakes taken care of by the dealer.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ...."WOW! What a ride!!!!!"

Old 11-22-2002, 03:19 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by OLDMAN
I'm no slouch when it comes to driving, it's easy for me to go triple digits and not even think about it. My wife and I won't drive anything but a stick. Personally I think most of the people that are complaining have done something to the transmission be it speed shifting or power shifting, or mis-shift and they see this as an easy way of getting their mistakes taken care of by the dealer.

actually I'd say it's those young people with less experience on manual

personally I did experienced grinding, but I could however just by adjusting the timing at shifting to avoid the grinding, so I really don't think it is a big deal at all.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:12 PM
AMCbimmer

Do you whine the first three gears out ever?
Old 11-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Originally posted by AMCbimmer
Do you whine the first three gears out ever?
never in 1st or 2nd gear. However I sometimes whine 3rd and 4th because of my lazy feet, I often step on the clutch only half way down and release too soon.....so ....it stuck hehehe
Old 11-23-2002, 07:03 AM
THEOLDMAN
Checking it twice

I redline 1st through 4th and think nothing of it. Downshifting I try to revmatch as much as possible. My wife is the same way. But we have both been driving longer than a lot of you have been on the planet.