rsx-s or prelude?

Old 04-30-2003, 07:08 PM
typesinside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RSX all the way think about the new engine better i-vtec engine
Old 05-05-2003, 08:10 PM
Turbonium

come to an rsx room and wat do u expects...rsx fanatics. honestly a stock rsx-s to a stock prelude has no match. my ex-girl raced a lowered rsx-s with headers to her 98 prelude with aem, both manual, and the rsx did not torque off faster nor did it catch up. a girl beat a little asian dude in a race. preludes can pull high end compared to a 6-speed rsx. i also think rsx look ugly since there so round and high up, even if u slam it its still hella high up. but yeh get an rsx, there more fun to drive
Old 06-11-2003, 02:18 PM
Speedra600

I ran my '93 Vtec prelude at the track, only an 1/8th mile, but with stock wheels on the front, Injen CAI, bypass TB, DC Sport 4-2-1 header, reset ECU, and removed seat & spare tire ran a 9.37 i havent ran it at the track with its new mods. Now the engine modifications include:

completely overhauled engine
honed cylinder walls
Prelude Type-S pistons
Eagle H-beam rods
Injen CAI
ported and polished head
ported and polished intake manifold
bored and polished TB
bypass TB
ecu reset
knife-edged crankshaft
DC Sport 4-2-1 header
Fidanza lightweight flywheel
Clutchmasters clutch disc
Clutchmasters pressure plate
custom 2.5" exhaust
Hussey high compression head gasket
removed air conditioning
Old 06-11-2003, 05:15 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

i see a lot of people still donno what rsx can do.

Turbonium:
the guy your ex beat prob couldn't drive for shiet, stock type s , stock lude , stock GTS they are all equal. given same i/e on each car they are still even.

prelude_sh:
judging a car's handling by lateral G is not very smart, i don't wanna call it newbie style but it just won't do you any good. When you know more about road racing you will understand those test numbers are only reference, because many, many factors will influence. For example, tires, pavement, road condition, weather condition, suspension setup including car's electronic controlled system and LSD if it has one, car's height, course set up and length of the slalom...etc and these numbers won't do you any good when you bring it to the race track. heh say do you think those race car mechanics tune the car by testing the slalom?

just for the record prelude type SH has very good handling that i give props, but don't forget what kinda system you have, and now i just give my type S a little better tires and i will run samy G as it, does that proves anything? NO. then how do you compare two car's handling base on same class? Bring it to race track, if you donno how to handle it like a pro, trust a pro's word. I am not pro, yet, but i can tell ya the RSX-S is winning in Speed World Touring Car class and other serious races, Acura factory sponsored. And Mugen RSX type R took the title fighting Spoon s2k in japan. If they don't tell you something about RSX chassis, handling then I donno what will.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

oh and btw, stock to stock prelude look better than rsx, but hehe the interior sux