Notices

Tips for Test Driving an RSX

Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 AM
flyromeo3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for Test Driving an RSX

Hey guys,.....
Sunday I have an appointment with my local honda dealer to test drive an 06 rsx-s.

I know when I test drove the STi the person riding with me was bitching to slow down. I dont wanna deal with that.

Whats an average out the door price for these cars.

The quote I made on the internet came out close to 26k
specs below: to me that sounds a bit to much.

If all goes well I plan on putting a 5k depost and I hope to just finance no more than 19500. If I could get it for less that would be great.
Any tips on what I should look or ask for with this car?

VEHICLE INFORMATION:
Year/Make: 2006 Acura
Model/Trim/Transmission: RSX Type-S Manual Transmission with Leather Exterior Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl Interior Color: Ebony Leather
Accessories: Moonroof Visor, Front Under Body Spoiler, Rear Under Body Spoiler, Side Under Body Spoiler, Fog Lights

DEALER INFORMATION:
Dealer Name: Paragon Acura
Internet Manager: Jennifer Lampinenx26
Address: 5602 Northern Blvd
Woodside, NY 11377
Phone Number: (800)727-2466
Email Address: paragonacurasales2@leadcrm.com

Last edited by flyromeo3; 11-22-2006 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:15 PM
DaGip
4N2Ner

why are you getting as an RSX why not the new Si. but yea 25k for an rsx sounds right. but i would never pay that much for an RSX, i would for the new Si. just my 0.2$
Old 11-22-2006, 08:18 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

RSX > SI

but not for that much. i got my 05 brand new for $21,999 + TTL
Old 11-22-2006, 09:01 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the type s.Tell him you want to test drive alone or bring 4 friends to fill seats.I know my dealer will let people test drive alone but all are cars are fitted with a system that if you turn the car off it will not restart plus thy take all you info first.The price sounds fine maybe a little high.Its a dealer haggle all you can get up and pretend you are walking out or tell them you will think about it.I have seen it work a time or 2 in the byers advantage.

Put down as much as you can interest will kill you pocket.If you have a trade clean it really good helps get a little more for it.

It is always cheaper to bye from a private owner but its a new s so not much luck finding one yet.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:49 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

they shouldnt tell you to slow down unless you are going absurdly fast.

and if they do pull the car over and walk away

at 26k out the door they better be giving you a blow job on the way out, you shouldn't be paying more than 22-23TTL

my tips would be to test out the suspension, try and spot a twisty road near the dealer where you can test out how it carves before buying it, the vehicle is pretty heavy when compared with the b-series years.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:50 AM
flyromeo3

well i took it for a drive and wasnt really to impressed.
Im 6'2 and i found it quite a pain to get into the car.
I then adjusted the steering wheel, seat & mirrors and still couldnt feel comfortable in the car.
Its funny cause the first word out of the sales mans mouth were, lets get on the highway and see what she can do.
The one thing that got on my nerves was the clutch. Its alot smoother than my VW. I was mashing that clutch down as if it were a 3000GT VR4 ( if you have ever driven one of those cars you know how hard that clutch pedal is )

I dont like that the engine starts to pick up at almost 5000 rpms. After that it seems pretty quick. The handling is pretty good. Certainly a set of aftermarket struts will make it better.

The test drive was only like 30 minutes since we encountered some traffic heading back to the shop so it was mainly stop and go.
I did like that New Si - Sedan. Seems like the same size as my accord. I couldnt get into it since people were looking at the car and sitting in it.

We didnt really talk figures since I mentioned that im not looking to purchase a car until Mar 07. He understood and gave me his card and told me that this car may not be around by then but, surely we will have some Si's and TSX's.

So as it stands
RSX :down:

note: its a good car if your 5'7. Im mainly discourged because of its small interior.

and no im not fat.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
well i took it for a drive and wasnt really to impressed.
Im 6'2 and i found it quite a pain to get into the car.
I then adjusted the steering wheel, seat & mirrors and still couldnt feel comfortable in the car.
Its funny cause the first word out of the sales mans mouth were, lets get on the highway and see what she can do.
The one thing that got on my nerves was the clutch. Its alot smoother than my VW. I was mashing that clutch down as if it were a 3000GT VR4 ( if you have ever driven one of those cars you know how hard that clutch pedal is )

I dont like that the engine starts to pick up at almost 5000 rpms. After that it seems pretty quick. The handling is pretty good. Certainly a set of aftermarket struts will make it better.

The test drive was only like 30 minutes since we encountered some traffic heading back to the shop so it was mainly stop and go.
I did like that New Si - Sedan. Seems like the same size as my accord. I couldnt get into it since people were looking at the car and sitting in it.

We didnt really talk figures since I mentioned that im not looking to purchase a car until Mar 07. He understood and gave me his card and told me that this car may not be around by then but, surely we will have some Si's and TSX's.

So as it stands
RSX :down:

note: its a good car if your 5'7. Im mainly discourged because of its small interior.

and no im not fat.
it is a tough squeeze for anyone over 6'

if space is a problem the AV6 coupe with the 6speed can be had for pretty cheap, you just need to do some agressive haggling
Old 11-28-2006, 04:36 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by sherwood
it is a tough squeeze for anyone over 6'

if space is a problem the AV6 coupe with the 6speed can be had for pretty cheap, you just need to do some agressive haggling
Yeah, I know the dealership where I bought my 02 accord wanted near 31k for the v6 6mt coupe.....I think that might be to much as friends of mine have gotten theirs for almost 2500 less.

Im going to go on Friday to another dealer and price my options.
Old 11-28-2006, 07:23 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
Yeah, I know the dealership where I bought my 02 accord wanted near 31k for the v6 6mt coupe.....I think that might be to much as friends of mine have gotten theirs for almost 2500 less.

Im going to go on Friday to another dealer and price my options.
if you know what you're doing you should be able to get it for less than 25k, and thats on a bad day.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:33 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

i'm 6'1" and i fit comfortably :dunno: