Notices

Speaker wiriing problems

Old 06-17-2006, 05:04 AM
89crxinprogress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker wiriing problems

hey guysi just got an RSX about 3 months ago and cant find anyone that has a service manual. well i just bought an aftermarket head unit and a wiring harness from crutchfield, well they recomended the use of a PAC OEM-2 controller, so i got that too. i wired everything like they said but i get no sound at all. i have installed many stereos and never had a problem. what i want to know is if you used this pac deal or not or if you had to by a special wiring harness other then a crutchfield harness? any help would be great. it also said to obtain a pdf file of the factory wiring diagram because a bose system is not compatible with the crutchfield wiring diagram. so that would help to if someone has a link to one. thanks in advance
Old 06-18-2006, 09:21 AM
89crxinprogress

nevermind i got it
Old 02-28-2008, 06:13 PM
danton

What was the fix?

Edited to say: I just tried to install a new head unit today, but I'm some what of a novice to all this. I've done this twice before, both to my former cars (94 civic ex and a 98 Audi A4). The installation was a breeze until I turned it on, and to my surprise, there is absolutely no sound whatsoever. I have the bose system and checked the Helms manual and the wiring harness I have (Schosche HA0AB, it came with the head unit) doesn't seem to match up to the diagram in the Helms. I dont know if our problems are the same, but I'd definitely like to know what you did to fix it.

Last edited by danton; 02-28-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:46 AM
89crxinprogress

to fix my problem i simply had to hook up the brown wire (i believe, not 100% on the color as it was a year and a half ago) of the harness side to the remote wire on the head unit side. i remember the wire on the harness side wasn't named "remote" like the headunit side was. i think it may have been illumination. if you have bose system you need to make sure you have the correct harness and make sure the remote wire from the head unit goes to the remote turn on wire of the amp on the harness side. i didn't have a manual so i am not sure of what color it was... hope this helps...
Old 03-01-2008, 02:26 PM
danton

That makes sense. Thank you.