Notices

'05 RSX..Blown speaker already??

Old 01-19-2006, 04:25 AM
headst1r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '05 RSX..Blown speaker already??

Got my RSX back in June. I hardly blast the radio, usually I listen to 1050 ESPN radio Anyway, today I noticed the right front speaker making some funky noises. First I thought it was interference, but when I played a CD I got the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? I know the easy solution is to go buy new speakers, but stock are just fine by me and I rather spend my cash of sirius or something. Should I just take it back to the dealer? Any other thoughts? Thanks!

h:
Old 01-19-2006, 06:48 AM
AcuraFanatic

It might not be a blown speaker, it could just be a rattle inside the door panel. Since the car is under warranty, have them look at it first, they may be able to fix it. If it's a blown speaker which I kind of doubt if you don't blast it, then get some Alpine Type R's
Old 01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
97civicEXVTEC

Originally Posted by AF
It might not be a blown speaker, it could just be a rattle inside the door panel. Since the car is under warranty, have them look at it first, they may be able to fix it. If it's a blown speaker which I kind of doubt if you don't blast it, then get some Alpine Type R's
i just got some type s' the other day. speakers are pure sex.

could you describe the noise? does it happen when there is any kind of bass in the music?

EDIT: af is that one of those supra's that are being sold with like 900rwhp and 5.5" exhaust? i think ive seen it somewhere before :thinking:

Last edited by 97civicEXVTEC; 01-19-2006 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-19-2006, 11:14 AM
97civicEXVTEC

shat.