Notices

Civic Si 2006

Old 02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Siscarface

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An acura what is that supposed to mean ? i just got my SI in december and my boy got an rsx -s needless to say he was impressed i smoked him last week not to difficult besides the rsx has a lot of tranny problems among other things
Old 02-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Siscarface

Default thats not the only thing

Originally Posted by sherwood
no it doesnt

yes the RSX deserves one, but thats beyond the point.

the rsx has a lot of problems including but not limited to tranny problems center councel malfuntion and easy cracking windshield .not to mention the si handles better and is an all around better car
Old 02-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Siscarface

Originally Posted by Lycan
Yeah but no one likes an impreza , unless its an sti.

I just got my Si. Black with navi. It arrives in 1 1/2 weeks. Can't wait.
to tell you the truth the new wrxs (sti) are ugly lookin very nice performance though
Old 02-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Siscarface

Originally Posted by crazy
Um no. There's quite a few differences.
what differences ? none ive noticed
Old 02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Lycan
Banned

Originally Posted by Siscarface
to tell you the truth the new wrxs (sti) are ugly lookin very nice performance though
agreed. am i the only one that hates the golden rims? i think its the tackiest shit ever. someone back me up.

Hey so i got another Si badge from the dealership after my first one got stolen. Should i put it back on? remember that it could get stolen again.. and i could have it as a sleeper.. thoughts? comments?
Old 02-03-2006, 11:03 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lycan
agreed. am i the only one that hates the golden rims? i think its the tackiest shit ever. someone back me up.

Hey so i got another Si badge from the dealership after my first one got stolen. Should i put it back on? remember that it could get stolen again.. and i could have it as a sleeper.. thoughts? comments?
they've always offered gold painted BBS rims. they arent tacky looking at all depending on the color of the car.

as for comparing the drivetrain to that of the RSX it is quite stupid, they are very much alike and there is very big chance as it is a first model year vehicle that the SI will have some glitches that will show up in the next few months.

for now the RSX is the better buy, for now, at least wait until the SI is in it's second or third MY. honestly the dumbest thing anyone could do is buy a first MY vehicle IMHO... there are always bugs.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Lycan
Banned

they've always offered gold painted BBS rims. they arent tacky looking at all depending on the color of the car.
Yeah i know and i've never liked them. tacky with blue. not so bad with black.

as for comparing the drivetrain to that of the RSX it is quite stupid, they are very much alike and there is very big chance as it is a first model year vehicle that the SI will have some glitches that will show up in the next few months.

for now the RSX is the better buy, for now, at least wait until the SI is in it's second or third MY. honestly the dumbest thing anyone could do is buy a first MY vehicle IMHO... there are always bugs.
ill tell u if anything in my car snaps. its true that the rsx has been more refined but every car has its thing.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:57 PM
crazy

Originally Posted by Siscarface
what differences ? none ive noticed
Headlights, taillights, front and rear bumpers, side skirts, wheels, lip wing, upgraded brake master cylinder and rotors, Type R cams and intake manifold, other engine revisions (different engine code), upgraded seats, higher redline, stiffer sway bars, and quite a few minor details.

And if you "smoked" an RSX that's going to be attributed to the difference in driver skill, the cars are quite evenly matched.