Notices

Stupid noise...normal? RSX-S

Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 PM
rsxsti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid noise...normal? RSX-S

Everytimes the car's parked but the engine still running, there is a noise coming from engine area at rpms; between 700-800 after the cooling fans shut off. Did anyone have this noise?
Old 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
ToFu
old SkooL

i havent noticed anything
Old 11-25-2005, 11:24 AM
bighavic

I haven't noticeed any noises either. Look around the engine bay and see if anything is vibrating.
Old 11-25-2005, 06:25 PM
Samson
chris is the devil

you'll have to be more specific on this sound..... is it something vibrating or is it within the engine?
Old 11-25-2005, 07:11 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default hmmm

Thats wut yu get when yu buy a rebadged Honda Integra that had to have its sterring wheel moved to teh left for american drivers lol. Ha ha ha , good thing i dont live there..Is it an auto or stick,. On these if its an automatic, like Integra Type S here(luxo model) there is a hydrolic rear engine mount . it works off vacuum from the engine, they are made to compensate engine vibration at idle, sometimes if the mount has ruptured, or damaged, it will cause the the small actuaor valve that supplies vaccuum to the mount to make a small rattling, i mean really small plasticcky chatter, not anythin loud but load enough to hear, because this rear mount is active only at idle. Otherwise if the mount is damaged it may be causeing sumthing else to make noise. On my cousins Integra Type S (04) he had 2 issues, he drove to agressive for his auto tranny and damaged his rear engine mount(the electronic vacuum controlled one) causing the valve/solenoid that controls it to make a small chatter as the engine idled because of air flowing back to the valve(the mounts werk on engine vaccuum), Then after his belt tensioner would make noise on and off at idle making a light chattering noise.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:32 PM
HoLLa-WaY

i havent heard anything with mine...