Notices

Blew the speakers

Old 10-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Sporkee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew the speakers

Hey, I blew out the front door speakers on my 02 RSX and am having trouble figuring out their size and wattage so I know what to replace them with. Any help? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:54 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

I'm not an RSX owner so I don't know, but Crutchfield will tell you size/depth for the front and rear speakers the and headunit.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:41 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are bose. i think, though i'm not sure, that the bose system using independent amps or something at each speaker... in that case you have to find replacemnt bose speakers.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
crazy

That's disgusting. How did you even fit them in your mouth?!

Waittttt. Never mind

Anyhoo, this thread has quite a bit of info on it through out the posts:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...threadid=53953

And for more info:
Originally Posted by ClubRSX FAQ
Q: What size speakers would I need to get if I were to replace the stock speakers?
A: the Short answer for this question is that all 4 speakers in the car are 6.5" with 1" tweeters in the dash.

this is a little guide to possible problems that could change the way you end up going with a speaker replacement.

There is a small problem with just going out and buying any 6.5" and expecting it to work. the rear speakers have just about always gone in with little to no problems in most cases. the fronts are a little harder to get in at times.

Because speakers do not have a standardized set of constraints they have to build to, most builders make the speaker to perform a certain way, not fit perfectly. some speakers are deeper than others, some speakers can be wider than others, and some speakers have a tweeter that protrudes farther than another speaker of the same size (6.5" to 6.5" for example).

in the type S the stock speakers are sitting in a black plastic baffle. you can either choose to use or discard this item. some speakers will not fit in the baffel because the speaker is deeper than the baffle is. this can be fixed by using a cutting insterment and cutting the back panel off the baffel. other speakers are just too wide for the baffel, in this case you will either need to make or buy a baffel to fit it (that is if you choose to use a baffel)

in the Base RSX the speakers sit in baffels as well, but the speaker is built into a baffel on the base, instead of just sitting in them like on the type S. when removed you will have an odd shaped bare hole. a good deal of 6.5" speakers will not fit this area. some people have chosen to use 5.25" speakers to make it easier. others have chosen to use the 6.5" and use a baffel, or cut the hole to it is the right size. either way will work just fine.

one more problem you might encounter when mounting the speakers is that the door panel will not snap back on after putting the speakers in. this could be because of two things. 1) the tweeter is protruding too far and is hitting the stock door grill. you can either try and mount the speaker differently, or cut out the stock grill and us the ones that came wit the spealers. 2) there is a raised ring around the grill on the back side of the door panel. you can cut this out with a dremel or another device to give some room.

no speaker is the same as any other. some are deeper, longer, wider, larger or just plain funny shaped. so understand that not every speaker on the market can just be dropped into the stock locations. some speakers will take some work and/or alterations to get them to fit.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:29 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

The BOSE system is optional.
I say you just go to......... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6luOM8Hp6y9/?wm=tn1

Put in what your car make and model and they will show you what fits your car. They will even send you speaker brackets (if they are needed) for free.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:35 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
The BOSE system is optional.
I say you just go to......... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-6luOM8Hp6y9/?wm=tn1

Put in what your car make and model and they will show you what fits your car. They will even send you speaker brackets (if they are needed) for free.
well the majority of the RSX's have them.

type s = 60% of rsx sales, all type s have BOSE.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
mrtorelli
Honda Nation

Originally Posted by sherwood
they are bose. i think, though i'm not sure, that the bose system using independent amps or something at each speaker... in that case you have to find replacemnt bose speakers.
It all depends what model of the rsx you have, if its the premium or type s they have the boss sound system, is you have the basic im sure their are just the honda/acura stock speakers, probley nothing fancy. Either contact acura or try finding something on the net, im sure someone on here knows, bet you tons of people have changed their stock speakers!
Old 11-14-2005, 06:35 PM
autodan

just go to your nearest dealership. they wont be shy to hook you back up with the just so perfect speakers although you can do better than the stock speakers but it fixes your problem
Old 11-21-2005, 04:07 AM
DC5TypeRIntegra
Pres. Of DominantDesigns

im pretty sure there 6 1/2