Notices

Chip for RSX Type S

Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Acura RSX typeS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chip for RSX Type S

Hi,

I was looking over for some accesories for the RSX on Ebay. And i noticed many performance chip for the rsx. They say it could gain up to 20hp.

For example I saw. "INTAKE SENSOR CHIP FOR ALL ACURA RSX (20 hp gain)" for about 5$ +shipping. or "02-05 Acura RSX Performance Chip/Module+25HP" for 25$ + shipping.

they says it doesn't damage the car....

it this actually worthed? does it work. i guess the numbers are not true but does it give a little boost?

is there a catch to it?

R. T S.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 AM
GSRRacer95
Fight On!

Welcome to HAN nOOb!

I would pass on this mod! It's probably one of those resistors you add inline. It just dumps more fuel by making the car think it's running colder than it actually is.

Enjoy HAN, you can learn alot.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

the only worthwhile 'chip' for the rsx is hondata's line of ecu upgrades. www.hondata.com

those things you see on ebay are a waste when you can buy the same thing at radioshack for a couple dollars. dont do it.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
deadlift

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
the only worthwhile 'chip' for the rsx is hondata's line of ecu upgrades. www.hondata.com

those things you see on ebay are a waste when you can buy the same thing at radioshack for a couple dollars. dont do it.
this is true although they dont have one for the 05 yet. we must wait patiently
Old 03-28-2005, 12:48 PM
JGordon

Originally Posted by :snoopy:

I second everything he said. Hondata makes a great ECU upgrade (Hondata RSX Reflash #4 I believe), and it costs around $595 plus shipping at most online stores. Any sort of "chip" or "ECU" that you purchase on EBay is almost guaranteed to be crap. Check out Club RSX for lots of good info on the RSX. Unfortunately, Honda-Acura.net's RSX forum is kind of dead.
Old 03-29-2005, 01:08 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

If you want a decent chip get the hondata K-pro, trust me it is worth the $995 price tag!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:07 PM
kuya2u

you get what you pay for...
Old 04-26-2005, 04:11 AM
RsxSpeed
SupaCharga!

they also have a hondata k100 which is a little cheaper and does ABOUT the same. Although i would recommend hondata #4. It also depends on the mods you have on your car.
If your racing everyone with just an intake your not gonna need any relashes. If you get a race header or other high horse mods then you want to consider reflash #4, but if your gonna run something big, like a charger soon you midas well save up for the k-pro.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:12 AM
RsxSpeed
SupaCharga!

oh and btw, ebay chips are crap....
Old 04-26-2005, 12:18 PM
mikeyr0th
Part-time Hill Billy

Originally Posted by RsxSpeed
they also have a hondata k100 which is a little cheaper and does ABOUT the same. Although i would recommend hondata #4. It also depends on the mods you have on your car.
If your racing everyone with just an intake your not gonna need any relashes. If you get a race header or other high horse mods then you want to consider reflash #4, but if your gonna run something big, like a charger soon you midas well save up for the k-pro.
The only reason I would go with K-pro is because whenever you add a mod after you get the chip you can just load the calibrations for it from your own laptop, with the #4 you can't you need to reflash it again.